Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Groups to just use pickup code, assignable to button.

In pretty much every other system I have used you only have to dial the pickup code for the system to pick up a call in your group. The system sees the pickup code (*13) and then would check the pickup group you are a member of, see which of those extensions was ringing and then pick that extension up. In the Shoretel world we have to dial the pickup code plus a 4 digit fake extension number in order to get this function to work.

To complicate matters further, it appears we cannot assign the full pickup code to a programmable button. This would at least make it easier than dialing 7 digits, or pressing the pickup softkey on larger phones and then dialing 4 digits.

unless i'm missing something, all you need to do is assign the Group Pickup to one of the programmable buttons (Users/personal options/Program IP Phone buttons

Attached Files

Comment

You can set the pickup group to a button as Mikeyb123 points out. Also you should have a pickup softkey on any phone that has buttons so you should not need to remember the code unless you are working from an analog, or a IP115 / 420.

Comment

I have been unable to assign it to a button on any 400 series phone. I'm guessing it refuses to do it because there's already a soft pickup button. You're supposed to press the soft pickup and then dial the 4 digit ID code for the group. On our previous Siemens system we merely dialed the pickup code (**3) and it automatically picked up the ringing phone in your group with no further input. That could also be assigned to a program button making it a single push to pick up. Not so with Shoretel.

Comment

I'd log a fault with your maintainer - sounds broken to me

Comment

Create an Extension List with the users in the group you wish to pick up, Then assign Group pick up to the extension list then assign group pick up key to the phone
            The Soft key pick up is extension pick up

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_10_Bellys View Post
              I have been unable to assign it to a button on any 400 series phone. I'm guessing it refuses to do it because there's already a soft pickup button. You're supposed to press the soft pickup and then dial the 4 digit ID code for the group. On our previous Siemens system we merely dialed the pickup code (**3) and it automatically picked up the ringing phone in your group with no further input. That could also be assigned to a program button making it a single push to pick up. Not so with Shoretel.
              I can not make sense out of HOW THE PICKUP GROUPS works in ShoreTel and why its even a feature if it's not really working.

Comment

My question is more like why it's available as the feature if it's useless?

I do have extension list configured, I have pickup group created, I have programmable button configured, and what this is all useless or maybe I am not using it for what its designed?

So I am calling Sales department and parking the call on extension that in pickup group SALES PICKUP GROUP, I would expect SALES PICKUP GROUP PROGRAMMABLE button would start blinking but it's not, when I press SALES PICKUP GROUP PROGRAMMABLE button phone shows there is no calls to pick up.

Scenario two I am calling DID of the sales person that in SALES PICKUP GROUP, I do hear the ring and I am dialing SALES PICKUP GROUP trying to pick up the call and still the same error NO CALLS TO PICK UP.

So what am I missing and how to use this feature?

Comment

Working...
                X