Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Improved Reporting

    I would like to see improved reporting features.
    Automated reports, web based interface, etc.

  • #2
    I agree in a major way, this has actually been an issue for our sales people. People just don't like it. Plus if you want to give a manager access to the reports, they need to logon to server..and you know we don't want that.

    There are a number of 3rd party products, but after looking at some of them, they take alot to setup and manage. Not very user friendly.

    Now one customer of mine took the CDR file and exported it to a sequal database. Had a program spend 5 mins writing a web interface, and now all of his manager in the company can pull up fast and easy call stats.
    Ryland Marshall
    Certified ShoreTel System Engineer

    Any comments that I make are purely my opinion. I am not a ShoreTel employee and do not represent them in any way, other then loving the product. Any advise that I may give is to be used at your own risk, I can not take responsibility for any harm that my come from your decision to use my advise.

    Comment


    • #3
      I heard from Jim P. that a student in Installer training had integrated the reporting tools into the ShoreWare Director webpage. That would be ideal if you ask me. I mentioned this to Development when I was in Sunnyvale.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ryland
        I agree in a major way, this has actually been an issue for our sales people. People just don't like it. Plus if you want to give a manager access to the reports, they need to logon to server..and you know we don't want that.
        Exactly. So now I have 2 choices, run the reports myself or allow my users to logon to the server. Reports, BTW who's parameters you cant save.
        Call metrics are becoming more important every day. Shoretel needs to get up to speed. The reporting functionality is FAR behind the curve.

        Comment


        • #5
          Turn on ODBC and use SQL or Access to create reports. There is a lot of programming involved, but great detail.

          Comment


          • #6
            Askleo has it. One of the projects I am working on for my company is to create a webportal that allows users to create reports based on a larger list of possible queries. It's bottom level project for me but the functionality is there just have to take it out of shoretel's hands.

            Comment


            • #7
              Local Reports

              The latest software we just installed 10.2 has local access to reports through director. You can create a profile and restrict for a user to only have access to run reports in director.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by askleo View Post
                Turn on ODBC and use SQL or Access to create reports. There is a lot of programming involved, but great detail.
                I know that this can be done, but it's not practical for most small shops. This is EXACTLY whaty ShoreTel should already be doing for us.

                Originally posted by Paulmancini View Post
                The latest software we just installed 10.2 has local access to reports through director. You can create a profile and restrict for a user to only have access to run reports in director.
                Definitely a step in the right direction, but they still need to make the reports much more customizable, allow you to save them, and automate them so that we don't have to manually run them.

                We, too, looked at some third-party reporting, and quite frankly, it was a pain to set up. Needless to say, we abandoned the project.

                antsman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Reporting Needs

                  We currently have a ShoreTel Reporting Solution which provides the ability to accomplish what you are looking for. Clients have contacted us over the past few years with a need for automated reporting, emailing reports, and customized reports. We would be happy to work with any of you who have a need. Please call us to find out more at 330-335-7271 ask for Tim.

                  Originally posted by antsman View Post
                  I know that this can be done, but it's not practical for most small shops. This is EXACTLY whaty ShoreTel should already be doing for us.



                  Definitely a step in the right direction, but they still need to make the reports much more customizable, allow you to save them, and automate them so that we don't have to manually run them.

                  We, too, looked at some third-party reporting, and quite frankly, it was a pain to set up. Needless to say, we abandoned the project.

                  antsman
                  -

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I agree. reporting is pretty sad.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      maybe some graphs and charts.
                      for instance, showing "peak" trunk usage throughout the day and such.

                      a dashboard model

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X