Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web, web web and more web!

The Contact center needs a web console. Installing agents on each persons station is annoying and time consuming.

PCM needs a web version. if MS can build an outlook that works on web, shortel can build a client that does the same.

Contact center needs a web board to display queues. I have two large TVs in my call center so everyone can see the little bitty stats on their queues. Would love to see this moved to web so we can better handle the layout. Also be nice if we can choose or drag/drop a configuration of the web board.

Shoretel director needs to be able to be virtualized. VM or KVM, doesnt matter to me, i need redundancy, this single point of failure is not my idea of fun. Same for contact center. If they cant make it VM, they need to atleast allow a failover server or allow clustering.

If you are going to charge me a bundle for software, please move to MSSQL. MySQL does funny things at random times.

Thanks!

web communicator is the direction that shoretel is going, have you used it?

At some point the core components will be 100% web based, and only small portions will be OS based (only components that need to be). This is common knowledge..

MSsql compared to mysql is a joke. 1) MSsql requires another license and another windows server.. the direction is to cut MS out of the picture. 2) From a quality, power, and productivity perspective Mssql can't keep up with mysql.

VMware is here, and you should check the current release.

Actually the pricing for the standard user is more than competitive. You get charged the same price everyone else is charging, but with 90% of the features everyone else charges extra for.

I have a TV in my office as one of my monitors, it works fine.. I keep my queue and open tickets displayed.. I don't see a reason why you can't do the same.

Checkout the latest release allot of new features. Next release will be even better, with more in the web communicator and removing that nasty Windows server.

Comment

Good news on the web front. Wish they would release 11 then, sounds like it might be useful on that front.

I keep hearing things about 11, but nothing specific. Most of it was the same stuff i heard about 10, which was not true. Lets hope the hype is true. Would you happen to have a link to the 11 features?

ahh a linux zealot. I admin linux and AIX servers too, not just windows. I also have a full blown mysql system running our EHR software.

I then have a MSSQL system running our financials, payroll, helpdesk, inventory, etc, etc... that system runs way better than the mysql system.

MySQL has its place, i think it needs more work. Course it may not be MySQL's fault, it might be shoretels design. Course i actually had a MySQL consultant tell me the EHR system we had was not a good use of MySQL. Go figure.

I am not sure what you mean by this:
      I have a TV in my office as one of my monitors, it works fine.. I keep my queue and open tickets displayed.. I don't see a reason why you can't do the same.
      We have 8 queues, fitting those on the screen all at once is hard to do with the current contact center. Also, having it on the big screens is much different than having it on a monitor near your desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Icetoad View Post
        Good news on the web front. Wish they would release 11 then, sounds like it might be useful on that front.

I keep hearing things about 11, but nothing specific. Most of it was the same stuff i heard about 10, which was not true. Lets hope the hype is true. Would you happen to have a link to the 11 features?

ahh a linux zealot. I admin linux and AIX servers too, not just windows. I also have a full blown mysql system running our EHR software.

I then have a MSSQL system running our financials, payroll, helpdesk, inventory, etc, etc... that system runs way better than the mysql system.

MySQL has its place, i think it needs more work. Course it may not be MySQL's fault, it might be shoretels design. Course i actually had a MySQL consultant tell me the EHR system we had was not a good use of MySQL. Go figure.

I am not sure what you mean by this:

We have 8 queues, fitting those on the screen all at once is hard to do with the current contact center. Also, having it on the big screens is much different than having it on a monitor near your desk.
        I think many improvements in 11 will make you happy, and show the direction they are taking. Web has its limits... I'm sure some day workgroups will be in web form..

I too am a Linux/Unix admin, and I do see windows having a important role. I just don't like having my phone servers running it.

Every Database expert I have talked to that hates mysql because of its limitations.. has 100% more to say about mssql. I admit that mysql is limited, but is very powerful. If your going to move away from mysql PostgreSQL is the best choice. JMO

I see what your talking about with the queues, I don't have that many setup currently.. I could see an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X