Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISA line

Can the ShoreTel phone system do a DISA line like the old PBX's. I would to program a DID to come in to the system and give system dial tone back, preferably with an access code. My customer also would like when they dial 411 to have the call go to one of the free 411 services. Is there an easy way to do this or through the support admin change the only way.
    Last edited by John Corcel; 04-22-2010, 10:13 AM.

What do you want dial tone back for? I have successfully mimicked the correct functionality without DISA lines a couple of times.

As to the 411 that is possible. If your partner does not know how to do it have them private message me and I will give them the documentation.

Comment

Here is the dialing plan doc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Blanning, a customer of mine is askinf for this service. They are willing to overcome the DID service which in Italy is expensive. Can you tell me how you did it working on the SHoretel?
        Thankxs for your kind support.

Comment

I would like to be able to do this also. Calling into the system to get system dial tone would be great for out users that have iPhones and can't use the mobile call manager. I hear this might change shortly though, still could be a useful feature.

Comment

The reason I asked what the intended use was that many of the things that DISA lines used to be needed for (paging in particular) can be done without a DISA line on a ShoreTel, or can be given an extension some how so that they can work from and AA. Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to give dial tone back so that you can dial outside numbers again. If it were few enough numbers they called you could build route points that were hard forwarded to the number, but you best bet is to give them VPN access so they can use call manager on a laptop or pad of some sort to do this.

Comment

One thing intersting that I just found...if you have Office Anywhere enabled and a phone call is routed to your external assingment, in my case my cell, you can press ## to hang up the call. Once the call is ended you are presented with a dial tone from the ShoreTel system.

Comment

DISA Feature

We have had two requests for same feature as John mentioned above:
                "Can the ShoreTel phone system do a DISA line like the old PBX's. I would to program a DID to come in to the system and give system dial tone back, preferably with an access code."
                Some company's operate with need to have call originate from office but with flexibility to call any number. Shoretel will only "reply with a callback" while listening to V/M message (5-2)

Comment

I built a DISA line in our office by attaching an Asterisk with a custom dial plan to the ShoreTel system. The ShoreTel does all the heavy lifting, and the Asterisk just does some custom work.

Comment

Disa

Hi, Does anyone have a guide or resource to achieving a DISA service on the shoretel system. We've moved away from an nec system and we need the ability to record a phone call made from a bog standard phone on our shoretel system. So basically dial in dial out.

It sounds like some of you have put quite a bit of ground work in and if i can get away with not starting from scratch that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                    X