No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beep tone too loud after upgrade to 9.2 14

Hi

1. Receiving several complaints from callers into our company that the voice message beep tone is too loud. Please make this programmable. This didn't seem to be a problem before our current build of 9.2 14.41.9506.0

2. To my knowledge there is no way to monitor the hold music from a desktop phone.

3. The max input gain of +13 db is not high enough for a standard mp3 headphone input. I have to overboost the signal when creating mp3's to make acoutic music playback at a reasonable level.

thanks

#2 - Yea, it would be nice to be able to at least monitor what the output is without having to call in on an external line. I'd like to hear what the output is from the switch's point of view.

#3 - We saw the same problem on MP3 volume so I took our MP3 file and jacked up the gain using Audacity. That was the only way to get decent volume out of it since we also use a basic MP3 player for MOH.

Comment

beep tone

This is now fixed in the latest build of 11.1

Comment

Could you please clarify which of the items is fixed?

Comment

Loud beep

Previously you had to modify the file by opening in audacity.
          All the shoretel system sounds are one huge file. You had to play the whole file then when you got to the beep - then you were able to lower the volume for just that part of the file.
          I found the info on this site I believe.
          Looks like if you upgrade to 11.1 which I have been told to go to 11.2. They must have fixed the file so the beep volume has been decreased.
          The beep is the one you hear when you get into someones mailbox - hear the greeting and it says please leave a message after the beep. We had the issue when upgrading from 8.2 to 9.2 .
          Last edited by toverbo; 07-20-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_ View Post
            Hi

1. Receiving several complaints from callers into our company that the voice message beep tone is too loud. Please make this programmable. This didn't seem to be a problem before our current build of 9.2 14.41.9506.0

2. To my knowledge there is no way to monitor the hold music from a desktop phone.

3. The max input gain of +13 db is not high enough for a standard mp3 headphone input. I have to overboost the signal when creating mp3's to make acoutic music playback at a reasonable level.

thanks
            1. 14.44.3410.0 is the final build of 9.2. Many issues - volume included - have been resolved. System tones are not configurable at this time.

2. That is correct, barring dialing out externally and having the person that answers place you on hold. This is done to protect LAN bandwidth and server/switch NIC utilization. Enabling internal MoH would cause massive bandwidth demands (~80kbps per phone receiving the stream).

3. This is the first time I've heard this complaint. What device are you using to play the audio? Does the volume issue persist with other devices? How does the MP3 sound on your computer?

Comment

Working...
            X