Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about letting me create multiple directories?

I love our ShoreTel system. But, it will not do a simple basic need in my world; create different directory groups.

I have 6 different small businesses in the same building and I manage all the phones with one 220t1a switch and a VPN Concentrator. Using Vlans I have been able to isolate each business into their own little world. No one mistakenly transfers a call to another company. And, if anyone plugs a laptop into a Phone's network port in company A's office the firewall integrity of Group B is not compromised.

Likewise, I need to create 6 different user directories. I want to be exclusive, not inclusive. When the VP of sales of company A pushes the directory button on his 560 phone I want just company A employees to show up, not everyone on the system.

Using my network switches (Vlan's) I have provided each company with access to my Help Desk extension. I just can't help them find it by providing a usable Directory that includes more than one extension, the Help Desk.

Is my use so unusual that a very basic need for me is simply overlooked? Or, have I missed something?

Thoughts?

-SF
    Last edited by TurkeyRun; 03-24-2010, 06:42 AM.

Yeah, this has really been an issue ever since they sort of introduced multi-tenanting back in ST 6.0 (2005). You can seperate directories but you have to enable on-net dialing AND it does it by site. Not really an effective way to do it. Maybe one day...

Comment

All this is done with on net dialing. Doing this you can set in the user group to only see within their system.

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
        All this is done with on net dialing. Doing this you can set in the user group to only see within their system.
        Oh can you do it without having to seperate into sites now? Haven't screwed around with this scenario in 4 years or so.

Comment

As far as I know there still needs to be different sites for different directories. Since the different sites each need a different switch assigned, it can get to be a bit costly adding hardware just to make different phone directories. I agree there should be a simpler way to do it.

Comment

This would be easy to do.
            1) create a directory list table
            2) for each directory entry pick list to use
            3) assign list to extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipmstr2 View Post
              This would be easy to do.
              1) create a directory list table
              2) for each directory entry pick list to use
              3) assign list to extension.
              What is a 'Directory List Table'? Are you talking about an 'Extension List'? How do you assign a list to an extension?

Can you clarify the instructions you've provided?

Comment

Working...
              X