Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Night Button Option

That would override the schedules. Every single customer has had an issue with the schedules.

100% MUST have!!!!

There are many times when we need to go to an off hours schedule for meetings or even if we close early due to weather, etc. A manual button that would override the current schedule and force to off hours call handling or holiday call handling.
    Last edited by Alwys2stepsahead; 04-30-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

You can get here partially by setting up a workgroup and giving the user a workgroup agent or better call manager. Workgroup mode can be changed from the queue monitor tab. The downside is that I think this permanently overrides the schedule until you set it back? Haven't tested. Also, it requires a more expensive call manager.

Comment

Schedules

I agree.

It is also a giant PITA that you can't have "half" holiday days. We have a lot of days where we work half days. I cant pre set the schedule. An IT person actually has to sit here, wait until we close, and add the entire day as a holiday when we close.

How hard could it be to have Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time for holidays?

I know you can create a custom schedule, but there are places in director where you cant use custom schedules.........

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
          I agree.

It is also a giant PITA that you can't have "half" holiday days. We have a lot of days where we work half days. I cant pre set the schedule. An IT person actually has to sit here, wait until we close, and add the entire day as a holiday when we close.

How hard could it be to have Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time for holidays?

I know you can create a custom schedule, but there are places in director where you cant use custom schedules.........
          Use a lic and create an intercepting route point, make a custom schedule and put your half days in there and point the custom destination to the same holiday autoatt or whatever you are using. you have to use 2 schedules, but I do it a LOT this way. But you are correct, I've been complaining about this for 2 years. Its idiotic to not be able to enter stop/start times on holidays..

Comment

There are many ways around this issue.

First one is:

Program the "In a Meeting" CHM to allow off hours call flow. When the receptionist leaves she puts her phone into In a Meeting (she presses the mode button and walks away) then when she returns she presses the mode button once again and puts her phone back into STD. We use In a Meeting so she does not have to remember which mode to choose since if you are in STD and press mode the system will always put you In a Meeting. We also have a backup person or two that can change the CHM of the Receptionists phone too. If your Receptionist needs VM then you can use any extension you like as long as you allow the Receptionist to change the CHM of the user.

Second one:
            For things like Hunt Groups that do not allow Custom call handing you can put the Call stack full destination to an Auto attendant that does have the option for custom schedules. You then have the person responsible for the schedule changing (the receptionist in our cases) busy out the HG when the "off hours" mode should active the AA schedules will then decide what to do with the calls.

Both of these options work very well. I do agree that it would be nice to have a Holiday schedule that allowed 1/2 days and an Off hours button.

Hope this helps in the meantime!

Chris

Comment

Could not agree more. I think if I were to pick 99% of complaints that came up it would be the lack of night service on the system.

Chris those are some good ideas!

Comment

A Hunt group will do this

The button is simply a pre programmed button to busy the huntgroup

The designated Busy Ext is the Point you want to go.

Comment

Give this a try:
                  1 - Program a 'Route Point' that calls your Auto-Attendant, (assuming it is on a schedule)
                  2 - Have your Operator set a 'Call Handle Mode', say 'Out of the Office', to always go to the 'Route Point'.

You have just built a 'Nite Mode Button'...24/7, the operator is 'unavailable', they select 'out of office mode', it forwards to the route point (callers never hear anything different) and they follow the Auto Attendant's schedule.

Choices:
                  You can set-up the 'route point' on its own schedule. Which can send callers; offsite, an AA, a Mailbox, another Ext. and so on.
                  or
                  Send your Callers to the Route Point first, set it up on the same schedule as you AA.
                  With the Operator by Day and the AA by nite and Holidays. If the Operator is not available, set a mode to 'Always' go to the AA.

The only problem is the Operator's mailbox? You will have to set that up on the Auto-Attendant, 'to leave a message', press or timeout to it's mailbox.

Comment

For us, everyhting comes through our AA first. Whenever we leave early or have a training event, we use the custom schedule. Very easy to use..

Comment

Another aspect of this is that it would be nice to be able to call into the AA and force a change from normal operation to a holiday or custom schedule. Not all of our operators have VPN access and it is not popular to call one of the execs to have them dial in for snow days and unexpected closings (I live in the North East so these are rather common in the Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
                        Another aspect of this is that it would be nice to be able to call into the AA and force a change from normal operation to a holiday or custom schedule. Not all of our operators have VPN access and it is not popular to call one of the execs to have them dial in for snow days and unexpected closings (I live in the North East so these are rather common in the Winter)
                        This (Some what) has been implemented since 7.x, allowing for emergency change of Prompts Via Recording. Agree though a simply menu choice in that Remote Record option would be the ticket
                        Last edited by Jlorenz; 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X