Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel's own DVM Rackmount Server w/firmware Based OS

Shoretel should offer its own Rack mount DVM server product, with its own firmware OS:dots:

After working with ShoreTel's Support several times related to DMV issues within the MS windows server environment, their recommendation was
    1. A dedicated MS windows 2003 Server or greater
    2. Not a member of an AD or windows Domain.
    3. Turn off, Microsoft Update.

At this point, I suggested ShoreTel should offer its own DVM Server HW product, since there would always be too many uncontrollable compatibility issues with the DVM application installed on a MS server.

Forgive my ignorance...what is DVM?

Comment

distributed voicemail server

Comment

Originally posted by markshowacre View Post
        Shoretel should offer its own Rack mount DVM server product, with its own firmware OS:dots:

After working with ShoreTel's Support several times related to DMV issues within the MS windows server environment, their recommendation was
        1. A dedicated MS windows 2003 Server or greater
        2. Not a member of an AD or windows Domain.
        3. Turn off, Microsoft Update.

At this point, I suggested ShoreTel should offer its own DVM Server HW product, since there would always be too many uncontrollable compatibility issues with the DVM application installed on a MS server.
        Ahem...I think they are further along than you think.

Comment

I think it should be linux.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh if only we could talk.

Comment

I hear 8.1 will be in CR later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
                I hear 8.1 will be in CR later this week.
                8.1 is already in CR.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor View Post
                  I think it should be linux.
                  I believe the new SGXXv switches are Linux based. We have a SG90v in one of our branch offices and it seems to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Klahn View Post
                    I believe the new SGXXv switches are Linux based. We have a SG90v in one of our branch offices and it seems to work well.
                    Let me retract the "seems to work well" statement.

When performing an upgrade, the switch goes into a TFTP loop and never comes out of it. Apparently, this is one of the reasons Shoretel is delaying the release of the SGXXv switches.

Comment

Well, The SG-50V, SG-90V and SG-90BRIV switches are NOT the HQ DVS in a box solution I was recommending. They only support secondary VM & AA applications. Why only the baby steps ShoreTel?

Comment

As an existing customer whom has purchased 2 SG120/24, & a SGT1 for my HQ site A running the HQ DVS on a HP Server w/Windows 2003, & 1 SG120 for my remote site B.

I'm want to replace the HQ DVS with JUST the DVS on a ShoreTel RM box, & it would be nice to use the SG50V at the remote site B,

But with the SG50V I would be paying for a Switch with ports I don't need. I understand the product positioned for new customers, but what about ShoreTel Base Customers? Don't sell me more than I need. If anything Price down the SG50V with a license that restricts just the VM & AA functions only for your base customers.

Comment

Working...
                        X