Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWings View Post
    Has anyone implemented a Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Bridge to connect a remote site for both data and ShoreTel VoIP over that wireless connection? I have done this many times on our MPLS network to extend the data connection, but have not passed VoIP traffic using them.

Secondly, would you really need QoS enabled on the bridge itself or could you use it in "pass-thru" mode, considering the core routers have QoS enabled?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Others may be able to answer the cisco question, I want to respond to the QOS question.

It is imperative IMO to utilize QOS for any VOIP deployment. prioritizing ports, or in general a toss or diffserv will only help and never hinder. You want the best possible quality and OQS is a part of this

Comment

It is imperative IMO to utilize QOS for any VOIP deployment.
      Unless, as in my situation, you don't feel comfortable making those kinds of changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If the need for QoS presents itself, we'll call in a professional or I'll get some training.

Comment

Qos

Lonnie,

are you using cisco routers? I can post our QOS config. It is really just a few lines of code. If it doesn't work right you can always just roll back (reboot the router without saving)........

Comment

Originally posted by LonnieBear View Post
          Unless, as in my situation, you don't feel comfortable making those kinds of changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If the need for QoS presents itself, we'll call in a professional or I'll get some training.
          As Ez stated, its fairly straight forward. Many firewalls are as easy as adding ports, others a tad convoluted. Your correct though, if it isn't broke, I go by the mind set of get er done first, then don't worry about it. for me it is plan for the future as well.

Comment

Working...
          X