Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan accordingly - No TAPI after upgrade to Connect 19.1-SP1 - 22.11.4900.0

We have done two upgrades to 22.11.4900.0, both from Connect, and both had the No TAPI issue. Had to back up, uninstall & reinstall.

Everything works with the reinstall but plan for an additional 90 minutes.

Hopefully it won't hit you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://oneview.mitel.com/s/article/...pgrade-to-19-1

TAPI down after upgrade to 19.1

Dec 12, 2019•Problem Resolution

Scenario
    After an upgrade to 19.1, HQ or DVS may show a red TAPI status in diagnostics and monitoring.

NOTE: Prior to taking steps to fix this issue, please take a snapshot of the server in a broken state. Then, preserve the OVA and snapshot files PRIOR to resolving the problem. Providing the OVA and snapshot to TAC and Engineering will assist us in resolving this issue permanently. Thanks in advance for opening a TAC case with details and the attachments.

Symptoms
    Auto attendants, voicemail and workgroups may be non-functional.

Cause

More Information

Resolution
    Currently, the only known resolution is to uninstall/reinstall the MiVoice Connect software on the affected systems. https://oneview.mitel.com/s/article/...for-HQ-and-DVS

NOTE: Prior to taking steps to fix this issue, please take a snapshot of the server in a broken state. Then, preserve the OVA and snapshot files PRIOR to resolving the problem. Providing the OVA and snapshot to TAC and Engineering will assist us in resolving this issue permanently. Thanks in advance for opening a TAC case with details and the attachments.

This happened to me and I lost sleep over this. They should've pulled this build IMO.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has updated and not run into the issue.

Comment

We're about to look at upgrading to this one as we're being mandated to use LDAPS - fortunately it looks like it's being delayed for a bit and with any luck we'll be shot of this platform by that point...

Comment

What build were you on before you upgraded? Was it 14.x or another Connect build?

Comment

Both were already on Connect, upgrading to be able to use the Mitel phones.

Comment

We have seen updates without this issue. I have also seen it happen across the board for every build old and new at one point. Truthfully, I think it's likely due to how windows handles patches and updates. They often kill previous patches and updates and replace them with bundles that can skip some of the tiny incremented updates that may have been needed to be included.
              Lance Paddock
              BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Of the 10 customers I have updated to 19.1 SP1 2 have had the lost TAPI issue. 20% failure for me. At least it's easily corrected. Beats waiting 4 months for another build.

Comment

Had the same issue upgrading from build 21.88.3753 - I too lost sleep trying to reinstall TAPI with no success. Only resolution was the reinstall.

Comment

Build 22.11.9300.0 was released but the Mitel is doing another metamorphosis so I can't access all the documents.

Hopefully 19.1 SP2 fixed the issue. Please update this thread if you experience the issue with SP2.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdarnell View Post
                      Build 22.11.9300.0 was released but the Mitel is doing another metamorphosis so I can't access all the documents.

Hopefully 19.1 SP2 fixed the issue. Please update this thread if you experience the issue with SP2.

All article urls changed from https://oneview.mitel.com/s/article/XXXXXXX to https://mitelcommunity.force.com/s/article/XXXXXXX
                      Last edited by Lance; 04-30-2020, 09:06 AM.
                      Lance Paddock
                      BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
                      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I just updated a customer to SP2... voicemail and auto attendants arent working, but there are no TAPI errors... TAPI is green in D&M.
                        You get the backup auto attendant if you get sent to voicemail...

Comment

Update here- restarting the server fixed it... temporarily. It is happening again, just had a remote session with TAC, nothing really came out of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdarnell View Post

thread updated, though I'm not sure it's exactly the same... Workgroups are working, just not voicemail and auto attendants.

Comment

We did an upgrade over the weekend from 1807 SP2 to 19.1 SP2 and we got bitten by this this issue... after the servers got upgraded the HQ and one of the DVS showed no TAPI in director and voicemail/auto attendant were down. Oddly, two other DVS servers didn't have the issue. Vendor did an uninstall/reinstall along with a DB restore which fixed the TAPI issue but created a bunch of other DB related issues - our AD integration was busted after the restore and we ended up with numerous corrupted users that can't launch Mitel Connect and the only fix is to delete and recreate them.... To anyone thinking about an upgrade, I'd strongly caution against it until there is more info from Mitel and a concrete fix in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X