Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoreware TDI Media Driver Signature Enforcement Failure

I just upgraded my Shoreware build 19.46.1802 (14.2) to the new Mitel branded Connect 21.87.9727 and when I try to logon for the first time with my old admin account, I cannot. It says that none of the "Authenticator Services" are working, I looke in my event log and then see this message, so I disabled driver enforement with bcdedit /set testsigning on and rebooted, same thing happens. I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 which now shows "Test Mode" in the bottom, supposedly disabling driver enforcement.

system log shows this message:
    The ShoreWare TDI Media Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

I checked the signature. It looks legit too.
    A Signature.PNG

There is a problem with some of the new drivers, particularly if the server boots via UEFI. Officially this only affects HyperV servers with UEFI on, but we have seen it on new builds of Connect with any system using UEFI (physical server, HyperV and VM).

Comment

I see what you mean, I just noticed that the signature expired on 12/9/2018. But I am running this on an MBR based VMWare Virtual Machine, with no UEFI at all.

Comment

Maybe try importing that cert to the trusted root cert authorities on the server.. you shouldn't have to do that since you disabled driver signing enforcement, but worth a shot maybe?

Comment

Working...
        X