Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polycom 6000

By default these phones don't dial outbound if you go off hook first and try dialing a 9 and then a 11 or 10 digit number. I can call out if I type in the 9 11 digit number then hit the Dial soft key. I looked at the ploycom forums and got the dial string that was suggested but that doesn't allow me to dial anything. Anyone have the dial string so it enables the phone to dial 11/10/7 digits when going off hook first? The current dial string is below

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T

Can the phone dial anything? You can just delete the dial plan all together and it should work without one.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I tried that but it won't dial at all. I have it finally dialing 9-1 for LD calls but I can't seem to get the proper format for 9 10 digit for local calls. I would like the users to be able to dial just 9 area code for local calls because thats what they are used to.

The users expect to dial 9-1 10 digits for LD
      They expect to dial 9 10 digits for local.

Comment

Have you tried other firmware? I don't ever recall having any issues like you have that were limited to just the polycom 6000. i have had issue with the trios but those were is timing issues with dtmf.
        Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Usually if you dial before getting dialtone (on hook dialing) you can usually dial anything you want before pressing the Dial key. While off hook the phone will follow the dial plan.

This is the dial plan I use for internal calling, with numbers 2-8 setup for 3 digits intercom dialing:

[2-8]xx|9[2-9]11|90T|9011xxx.T|91xxxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxT

If you need 4 digit extension dialing add another x after the first series

This string allows for 9+1+ 10 digits LD, or 9 + 7 digits local. If you want 10 digit local then modify the part 9[2-9]xxxxxx and add 3 more x's to look like this 9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx . There will be 9 x's after the [2-9]

If you wanted both 7 and 10 digit local calling, then you may just need to have the 10 digit dialing example and use a 'T' for time out at the end.

Just for simplicity, here is the above string modified for 10 digit local dialing:
          [2-8]xx|9[2-9]11|90T|9011xxx.T|91xxxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxT
          Last edited by occdave; 01-22-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks occdave, this string worked great on my test phone. I'll try it on the other polycoms to verify because their UC software version is lower version than my test phone but their BootROM version is higher.
            My test phone UC software is 4.0.5.4853 and the production phones are at 4.0.4.2906. Do you know if the UC software would prevent the string to work properly.

[2-8]xx|9[2-9]11|90T|9011xxx.T|91xxxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxT

Comment

Working...
            X