Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Edge Gateway be installed on 14.2?

I understand that all will need to go to Connect this year, but we have a customer that may need remote phones active before we upgrade. I remember some things like VM switches came out on 14.2, but I cannot remember if the Edge Gateway was available. The new admin guide doesn`t say or I`ve missed it. Thanks.

No. What you would use on 14.2 is a VPN Concentrator.

Depending on the number of phones, and how long you anticipate before you upgrade, you should be able to connect them with just a big pipe and good routing configs from the HQ.

Comment

Yeah, thats what I was thinking but wanted to confirm with someone. They are trying to use the softphone now, but are getting no audio on the call over the VPN while It works fine internally. Ill have to do some PCAPS and look for RTP but it is obviously a network issue. No way Im installing a VPN concentrator this close to upgrade so we will probably push for the upgrade quicker. Thanks for the info.

Comment

We have "multi-site" deployments in Barbados and throughout the islands. We also have some phones in Miami connected to the HQ here, which are working without a remote switch or VPN Concentrator. So it can be done. It only requires bandwidth and a good network design. GL

Comment

Wow. Thats pretty crazy. My PCAPS show both softphones sending RTP but neither receiving RTP. They are getting Fortinet support to look into it. A network issue as I suspected.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
            Wow. Thats pretty crazy. My PCAPS show both softphones sending RTP but neither receiving RTP. They are getting Fortinet support to look into it. A network issue as I suspected.
            It's because all the subnets are not duplicated across all your VPN endpoints. RTP goes between phones, call control between switches, so the call setup works because your each talkign to switches, but your firewall isn't passing from phone to phone.

Comment

That was my first thought and I mention that. They say that it is correct, but I`ve heard them say that before, so we will see.

Comment

Working...
              X