Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP 485G hangs during transfer or conference operations

The phone works perfectly for everything else. I have installed it on Connect build 21.88 and 14.2 build 19.48. In both instances I upgraded/downgraded the firmware through the D&M interface.

I can make and receive calls on the phone as normal. However if I lift the handset and receive a call and press the transfer or conference buttons. The phone immediately freezes so that replacing the handset has no effect. If the calling party hangs up, the phone still shows a connected call. None of the buttons on the phone work at this stage.

Today I tried it with the Communicator client installed. If I make a call from communicator while the phone is hung, the phone will place the call and all of the buttons work again.

Phone is brand new.

Your thoughts..

This sounds like a sip issue. Is this a sip trunk as well?
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

No, I happen at the original customer who was using a PRI and at my office. It happens on internal calls as well.

Comment

I've done some more testing and the issue is the second call appearance button. I can press any of the other 7 buttons to get dial tone and then press them again to cancel the call. On the second button however, I can press once to get dial tone, but pressing it again has no effect and the phone is hung. If I use communicator to place another call, then cancel that call in communicator, the phone unfreezes and everything is normal again.

The problem is I don't know of a way to disable the button. In programmable buttons I can set it to unused, but that has no effect. Pressing it still gives dial tone and a second call still goes there.

Comment

It is a hardware issue. I dismantled it and the problem is a circuit board that the buttons attach to.

Comment

I am glad you figured it out. That is the first time I have heard of a phone doing that. Hope that was an isolated one off.
            Last edited by Lance; 12-13-2018, 08:55 AM.
            Lance Paddock
            BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
            1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I had a 485g that also had an issue with the second call appearance button. It didn't hang like your phone did, but when I would answer a call, it would immediately detect a press of the second call appearance button and put the incoming call on hold. I ended up having to RMA the phone.

Comment

Working...
              X