X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel_Dave
    commented on 's reply
    No worries, I agree they look pretty similar. I couldn't find the duplicate by doing a search for the string and that seemed the most likely explanation. Thanks for helping me keep the information accurate.

• bhaikalis
    commented on 's reply
    hmm i guess i overlooked that since they looked almost identical

• ShoreTel_Dave
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean these two?
    Code:
    Add-WindowsFeature AS-Web-Support         
    Add-WindowsFeature AS-WAS-Support

• bhaikalis
    replied
    you have "Add-WindowsFeature AS-Web-Support" in there twice

Leave a comment:

• bhaikalis
    replied
    I noticed with the small business server this script isn't necessary. But when installing on a new server not from shoretel I find it still useful

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    I noticed today that when installing ShoreTel 13.1 on a new server (having already installed the roles and features) that there is a step in the installer that says "Installing Windows Roles - this may take some time" I wonder if I need to bother with any of this any more?
    There is also a "Compatability Checker" button that you can press before starting the install that checks the components are installed:

ShoreTel Compatibility Checker
    -----------------------------------------------
    Checking Compatibility for: ShoreTel 13.1
    Checking OS: Supported
    Checking for Components: Passed
    Checking Upgrade Path: This is a fresh Install
    Checking Disk Space: Minimum free disk space needed 30GB
    Verifying Database Data: This is a fresh install

Leave a comment:

• nintendo1889
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaikalis View Post
    This will turn off windows updates (don't think it's really necessary to have this off though)

Code:
    Set-Service wuauserv -StartupType disabled
    It's not necessary but highly recommended! Considering that I've heard of untested Windows update killing windows servers!

Leave a comment:

• Keithtmurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by cardiac View Post
    Great work - Thank you.

The following 2 roles are not on it though and have to be added manually for 2008 Server Std 64

Com+ Network Access
    Distributed Transactions
    ShoreTel seems to be pointing to these recently, I've had some DVS server issues recently and these roles are where I was pointed to. Just seems weird that there is no mention of them in the Installation manual. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy if these roles, specifically the Distributed Transactions help with DTAS etc, but you would wonder why does it work without these turned on. My two cents anyways.

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by cardiac View Post
    The following 2 roles are not on it though and have to be added manually for 2008 Server Std 64

Com+ Network Access
    Distributed Transactions
    These two components have now been added to the script in the first post near the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• cardiac
    replied
    Great work - Thank you.

Com+ Network Access
    Distributed Transactions

Leave a comment:

• activitie
    replied
    I have turned ShoreTel_Dave's PowerShell commands into an actual PowerShell Script.

To use, just download the file and remove the .txt extension.

In PowerShell run "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned" first to allow running of local scripts, then run ShoreTelPrereqs.ps1.

The script will confirm that you want to "Install Windows Server 2008 Roles and Features for ShoreTel 12? [Y/N]". If you say yes, it's off and running.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by activitie; 07-11-2012, 10:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    Just a small addendum.
    If you are running on a 64bit platform you need to choose "Windows PowerShell" and not "Windows PowerShell (x86)"

Leave a comment:

• ShoreTel_Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by CelticTech View Post
    I know ShoreTel is dropping 2003 server support with version 13 but here's a download to Powershell for Server 2003:

Download: Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB968930) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

I'll see if your script works on it and change it around if needed soon once I get another virtual machine built here to test on.
    I doubt if it will work as is under Server 2003. The equivalent components don't exist in Server 2003, or the names are different.

Leave a comment:

• CelticTech
    replied
    I know ShoreTel is dropping 2003 server support with version 13 but here's a download to Powershell for Server 2003:

Download: Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB968930) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

I'll see if your script works on it and change it around if needed soon once I get another virtual machine built here to test on.

Leave a comment:

• CelticTech
    replied
    Looks good Dave, I just finished up the Director install and initial config - no errors or hangs during install and everything seems to be running smooth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X