Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP930 phones will not register to base at remote location 300 feet (fiber)

IP930 phones will not register to base (stays in searching mode) when at a remote location from HQ. HQ has a core switch (Adtran NetVanta 1235) that each remote site (roughly 300 feet away) connect to via a fiber link. IP420 and IP480 phones come up and receive their config at the remote sites completely fine. When testing the IP930 at the remote site and in the same port as the IP480, the base will come up but the phone stays in the searching stage. I'm able to ping the base and the IP assigned to the phone, ARP table shows both IPs are assigned to the MAC of the base. IPUI is correctly configured in the DECT config tool. The phone comes up immediately when I test the base and IP930 at the HQ that is plugged into a port that has the same configuration as those at the remote buildings. Unregistered and then re-registering does not seem to help.

Further troubleshooting the fiber link, adtran switch config in remote building, and RF interference has shown nothing. The only success I've had is randomly the IP930 phone will come up at the remote location but after about 2 hours went back to searching mode. I then brought the phone and base back to the HQ (about 300 feet away) plugged it into the core switch that the fiber uplinks to, and the IP930 comes up immediately. I then brought the phone and base back to the remote building and the phone sits in searching mode.

HQ server, st100DA, and SBC are all accessing only the voice VLAN (20). Fiber link between the two building is trunking VLANs 1 and 20.

Any ideas on other things to troubleshoot? Not sure what direction to go now, please assist.

You mentioned there are multiple bases - is the entire IP930 infrastructure defined in 1 project file that you've converted to a configuration file? The reason I ask is if there's more than 1 "system" each system needs to have its own unique "System ID" defined when creating your project. I've seen similar issues when a nearby base is using the same "System ID" but they were created as separate "systems" if that makes sense.

The IP addresses you're defining for the base to hand out - they aren't conflicting with other existing devices are they? I'm kind of confused how you simply take the base back to HQ and everything's working, when I would think another site is going to have a different network than HQ. You would have to be re-defining the project file to change the IP addresses being handed out to the phones?

Comment

Capture.PNG
      Originally posted by augie View Post
      You mentioned there are multiple bases - is the entire IP930 infrastructure defined in 1 project file that you've converted to a configuration file? The reason I ask is if there's more than 1 "system" each system needs to have its own unique "System ID" defined when creating your project. I've seen similar issues when a nearby base is using the same "System ID" but they were created as separate "systems" if that makes sense.

The IP addresses you're defining for the base to hand out - they aren't conflicting with other existing devices are they? I'm kind of confused how you simply take the base back to HQ and everything's working, when I would think another site is going to have a different network than HQ. You would have to be re-defining the project file to change the IP addresses being handed out to the phones?
      As of right now there are 3 separate base stations that are under one project and appears to be under the same system. Is the 'system ID' just the base's name? See attached image, it seems they are all in the same system. To explain a bit further, the main building expands the network via fiber to the 'remote' buildings which are about 300 feet. My next step in troubleshooting was to create new voice and data vlan at the 'remote' building to to see if the network chatter/broadcasts from the current network are messing with the MGCP cordless phones. The ip480 phones have no issues at these 'remote' buildings. The IPs are also not conflicting with any IP address and are not in the voice vlan dhcp scope.

Comment

The system ID is set to "0" which is okay so long as there's not another system of base(s) with the same ID.

You might be able to glean some additional info if you spin up a syslog server and update your project to include logging to a specific syslog server.

Otherwise I'm just as stumped as you are.

Comment

Working...
        X