Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating from SBE Server 2008 to Server 2012 / Version 14.2

Any one tried this migration path?? I'm having an issue with 7 or 8 services not starting, even tried a fresh install on the 2012 server and got the same issue.

That should work, something else is going on.
    Randy Wensmann
    rwensmann@btxchange.com
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by southeasternMI View Post
      Any one tried this migration path?? I'm having an issue with 7 or 8 services not starting, even tried a fresh install on the 2012 server and got the same issue.
      Can you describe the process you are using to do this? Did you configure the 2012 server with the appropriate roles? There are powershell scripts available on this site that can automate the OS build for you. As long as you install the exact versions from old to new and copy the relevant folders and keep the existing IP in place, it should work fine.

Comment

It certainly does not work with connect very well. 14.2 is a little nicer to you. I've tried it multiple times on my Connect demo kit, coming from 2008 R2 to 2012. Some services refused to start. In the end I had to use the SQL recovery method.

If you do a fresh install, with nothing from the previous setup and services don't start, you most likely have not installed all of the required roles and features.

Comment

I'm at the point where I'm just trying to run a fresh install of 14.2 on 2012 and I'm having issues with the ShoreTel Telephony Management service not starting.

Comment

The server is virtual... we have a 2012 server (SBE) running 14.2 at one of our regional sites so I checked the roles and features along with our partner and those are good. TAC had me remove all the updates going back until 2017. Its just the ST Telephony Service thats not starting.

Comment

thats TAPI right?
              Attached Files

Comment

When I had TMS issues it was the Windows Quality Audio Experience was missing. Based on your screen shot however, I would suggest going into the registry and looking for the Shoreline Teleworks entry and changing the localhost entries to the actual ip address of the server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Shoreline Teleworks
                Last edited by davidbec; 03-28-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

If you changed the IP address of the server after the software was installed then you will have issues starting services or the Director web page being unavailable. To resolve, the IP addresses in the registry for Shoreline Teleworks will need to be corrected. The database entry for the HQ softswitch will also need to be correct.

Also make sure windows updates are applied as there was a security setting change. There is a KB article explaining this requirement for newer ST 14.2 and Connect builds.

Comment

Working...
                  X