Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory default SG 40/8 reboot loop

I purchased a used SG 40/8 and went to configure the settings through serial cable on putty. I connect to the device and get an endless boot loop where there isn't enough time to set any settings.
    I tried disabling dhcp but it doesn't make a difference. I must be missing something or this unit is jacked up. Has anyone seen this? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

This can happen if a switch was receiving changes and was unplugged before finishing. You might have to break the boot cycle and set or wipe the values by hand in vxworks.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

That's rough, I'm in a little over my head. I wouldn't even know where to start. I tried doing the hard reset and that didn't make any difference. Do you know if there is any instruction hiding somewhere for the vxworks values that should be set?

Comment

If it was my issue I would look to see what values exist in the switch and then i would manually edit them.

Follow the link I leave at the bottom of this post and only do what you feel you are comfortable with doing.

How To Edit A Hung ShoreTel Switch

Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
        X