Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add new contact in connect client

Recently migrated from 14.2 to Connect. Upgraded all users communicators to connect client Build 213.100.2453.0 the latest version. All outlook integrations are turned off (All that I know of) yet when a user tries to add a new contact it brings up the outlook contact form for adding a new contact into outlook. How can I turn off this option and have it bring up a new contact window just in connect client? The user guide states to check the box "Do not open Outlook when adding contact to Connect" in in connect client under settings>outlook but the setting is not there. Our users are unable to add contacts at the moment.

In connect there are no longer ShoreTel "native" personal contacts. In 14.2 and previous contacts were aggregated from the system directory, personal contacts, and imported outlook contacts. With connect the personal contacts option was merged into outlook contacts. The behavior you are seeing is as designed.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
      In connect there are no longer ShoreTel "native" personal contacts. In 14.2 and previous contacts were aggregated from the system directory, personal contacts, and imported outlook contacts. With connect the personal contacts option was merged into outlook contacts. The behavior you are seeing is as designed.
      Not entirely accurate. Older versions of connect and connect client had the option to disable adding a contact through outlook and only use connect client. I have since opened a ticket with Shoretel and they stated this is a bug. ENG-505571

Comment

Fair enough if TAC says it is a bug then it is, but we have never seen that option and have been on every release since partners could join the RC. I find this a little odd frankly since there is no longer a personal contacts section to the sq3 DB that backs your personal user options. I will be interested to hear what TAC says out of this.

Comment

Working...
        X