No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel error on ESXi 6.5

Hi,

We have some issues migrating the Shoretel HQ server to our new VMWare host. In the old situation ( ESX 5.0 ) everything was working fine but since we are moving to our new host with ESX 6.5 the phones cannot connect to the Directory, change the Status ( Out-of-office, etc ) --> Failed to connect...

I can login normally to the Shoretel Director. The info on the error on the phone is :

CAS timeout
    PPhoneEvent:1804:"CAS timeout" - CAS data request timed out.

and after I have tried to browse the directory

Unexpected CAS result
    PPhoneEvent:1811:"Unexpected CAS result" - Error: on url:

Anybody any idea ?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

These CAS errors are the result of certificate problems. I am assuming from the specific error codes you are getting that this is connect and not 14.2 we are talking about, in which case check to make sure the name and MAC of the server is identical to what it was before. You may have to regenerate the self-signed certificates and part of the keystore. There are KB articles on doing both.

Comment

Thank for your reply.

Yes, the MAC and name of the server are identical. I will have a look at the certificate. Kepp you posted.

Comment

If you have trouble finding the KB articles let me know, I think I have a couple of them bookmarked and can get you numbers (which helps sometimes since the keyword search on ShoreTel's KB is still rotten)

Comment

CAS CONNECTION FAILURE WHILE ASSIGNING A PHONE TO A USER

SCENARIO

A newly installed phone is unable to use some buttons on the device. Newly registered phone cannot access history and directory. MORE INFORMATION

There are multiple causes to this problem, including: Certificate

If changes have been made to the security keys stored in Shoreline Data\Keystore (such as ShoreTel being installed with the default system time being used on the Operating System then changing the time post installation).
          RESOLUTION

Certificate:

The Keystore folder needs to be recreated
          1. Stop all ShoreTel services. If HQ use C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\Scripts\hq_shoretel-stop-svcs.bat
          2. Backup \shoreline data\keystore folder by copying it to another location such as the desktop and then delete it
          3. Start services. If HQ use C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\Scripts\hq_shoretel-start-svcs.bat
          4. A new keystore folder should be created under Shoreline Data using the current date/time.
          5. Reboot all switches
          6. On affected phones press Mute and spell CLEAR (25327)# to default the phones to obtain an updated certificate.

Comment

Any updates with this? We're about to upgrade our hosts, and we need to know if we need to upgrade to ESXi 6.0 or 6.5? We're running ShoreTel 14.2 and ECC 9.0.

Comment

Hi, sorry, no update yet. We had some other projects that needed to be finished before this :-S Will post it here when it has been tested.

Comment

did this work out well?

Comment

We have decided to leave the Shoretel server on a separate ESX host with ESXi 6 on it because Shoretel does officially not support it.

Comment

Current builds are supported by VMware ESXi 6.0 & 6.5. Support for 6.5 begin just before build 21.87.3629.0 R1801
                    Lance Paddock
                    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
                    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
                    X