Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.2 Build 5002- Packet capture on IP480, can't upload, "Access Denied (http 401)"

A user on the other side of the country has a small site, 2-3 IP480 phones and an SG50 with 4 analog lines. She is doing a packet capture on her phone for a strange issue (Outbound calls are ringing back to their hunt group / analog trunk inbound extension. They are getting 2-3 calls that are dead air each time they dial out). So Shoretel TAC has requested a video of what is happening on the phone, and also a packet capture from the phone showing this behavior, so they can escalate it to Tier2. I had the gal take a packet capture, but the Upload button gives "Access Denied (http 401)". Any idea on what I might need to look at to fix this?

Originally posted by alexdatsko View Post
    Any idea on what I might need to look at to fix this?
    So, just found out it is trying to upload this to \inetpub\ftproot. I edited the permissions on this folder (right click folder, properties, security tab) to allow Full Control to 'users' and 'everyone'.. Then the upload worked fine.

Comment

Good to know, thanks for posting the fix.

Comment

Have you looked at the real time capacity of the ShoreGear switches for the entire system (Hunt Group Members, BCAs, Programmed IP Phone Buttons)? If one ShoreGear switch is oversubscribed, then Hunt Groups will act very strange. TAC should be able to give you the formula to figure out capacity.

Comment

Regarding the issue you're trying to troubleshoot: Have you done any testing of the physical lines, such as by connecting an analog phone directly to one of the lines? The problem could indeed be inside ShoreTel, but it could also just be cross-talk on your analog lines. Perhaps try dialing out (or answer an inbound call) with an analog phone and see if the phantom calls show up. If they do, then check the wiring or have the telco check the wiring.

Comment

Working...
          X