Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tested SiP Trunks?

    Has anybody successfully integrated SiP trunks from the internet? What were the issues you faced? What kind of cost? What kind of call Quality?

  • #2
    We have setup SIP trunks with Commpartners. So far in our testing we have gotten everything to work except transfer. Commpartners does not support refer at this time to proform a transfer. They are working on it. Not having transfer is a deal killer

    One issue that you are going to have to resolve is that ST does not support any NAT traverse. You are going to have a Gateway that can do that for you. We are currently using a Sonicwall Pro 2040 Enhanced OS and I have also tested it on a Sonicwall TZ170 Enhanced OS. Other firewalls that are SIP aware will do this as well.

    If you have any questions please let me know.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that donít.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aspen
      We have setup SIP trunks with Commpartners. So far in our testing we have gotten everything to work except transfer. Commpartners does not support refer at this time to proform a transfer. They are working on it. Not having transfer is a deal killer

      One issue that you are going to have to resolve is that ST does not support any NAT traverse. You are going to have a Gateway that can do that for you. We are currently using a Sonicwall Pro 2040 Enhanced OS and I have also tested it on a Sonicwall TZ170 Enhanced OS. Other firewalls that are SIP aware will do this as well.

      If you have any questions please let me know.
      When you say it can not 'transfer', what do you mean by this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Transfer an active SIP trunk call from one ST phone to another.
        There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that donít.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aspen
          Transfer an active SIP trunk call from one ST phone to another.
          Ouch....that hurts. I assume this is an inherent issue with SIP trunks on a ST system. Is there a fix for this coming?

          Comment


          • #6
            What're the call transfer mechanism that Commpartners uses?

            Comment


            • #7
              That was the problem they did not support transfer. They are rolling out a new product called "IP Trunking"; SIP trunking marketed at PBXs.

              They are still working on supporting refer. I will let you know when we get it working. We resell Commpartners services and want to package this with ST deals.
              There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that donít.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aspen
                That was the problem they did not support transfer. They are rolling out a new product called "IP Trunking"; SIP trunking marketed at PBXs.

                They are still working on supporting refer. I will let you know when we get it working. We resell Commpartners services and want to package this with ST deals.
                Ahhhh...so it is not a feature of the SIP provider that you are using? fascinating.

                I was looking at Verizon 'IP Trunking', which is designed to work with Cisco Call Manager and I believe an Avaya line. Wonder how this would work with a ShoreTel system.

                http://www.verizonbusiness.com/us/voice/voip/trunking/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Masergy should be the first SIP provider certified for ShoreTel....I may need to contact them...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SIP Trunks working fine

                    Hi,
                    We have multiple happy customers whose only link to the pstn is via SIP trunks with ST 6.1 No issue except ensuring that refers are used instead of reinvite.

                    Call quality at 64K is just the same as via T1/E1

                    Magnus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ingate to the SIP rescue!

                      Check out InGate for their SIP firewall and SIPerator products. They handle the REFER and reINVITE required to negotiate with SIP Trunking providers. And they do it better than anyone else. Over the years, they have developed their own SIP stack rather than purchasing from other companies. This means they have done the inter-op testing themselves and they actually know what they are doing! This helps when you are blazing unchartered territories for your first time!

                      Here is a link to their website...Tell them Comm3 recommended them...
                      http://www.ingate.com

                      We also sell these products and would be glad to assist you if needed.

                      Best regards,

                      Troy Cryer
                      CEO
                      www.comm3.net
                      +1 (214) 389-2625

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X