No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog failover across multiple sites

Scenario:

Site A is in a datacenter where the PRI and voicemail live.

Site B is HQ where there are a lot of desk sets.

Site C is a satellite office

Sites B and C have analog failover trunks to use if the PRI is down.

Questions:

1. My VAR has told me that digital trunks are preferred over analog. I can't find this statement supported in the docs.

2. If the PRI fails and a user is site B dials 911 and the local analog is busy in the local site and it's switched to Site C, will that analog trunk be used for the 911 call?

How can we prevent analog trunks from being used by people in other sites?

1. Your VAR is correct. The default weighting order for trunks is SIP, then PRI, then digital, then analog. This is documented in KB12996 in section 4, along with how to override the defaults for any given trunk. Note that trunk group weighting is essentially a tie-breaker of last resort. Other factors such as call class (i.e. local/long-distance/etc) and trunk group permissions are considered first.

2. Which trunks are eligible for a call is determined by the trunk group permissions in the user group of the calling user. To prevent users at site B from calling out the trunks at site C, for example, just put them in a user group that doesn't have access to site C's trunk group.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The user group trunk access isn't an option as people pull their extensions from HQ while in site C.

It would be better to restrict trunk access by site not user.

Comment

Working...
      X