Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nortel BES1020 switch

Found out the hard way that this switch does not allow tagged and untagged vlan info on the same port.....huh?...... With Nortel phones you can set the phone to tag and untag the packets from the PC plugged into the phone. I don't know of any such option on Shoretel. Does anyone have any experience with this situation? Any way to make this switch work?

just for clarity, your switch can assign multiple tagged vlans to a port, or just a single vlan either tagged or untagged? either way that is very odd.

another idea would be vista and higher machines have the ability to add a vlan to the nic card. i havent messed with this, but it is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by bjarv View Post
      just for clarity, your switch can assign multiple tagged vlans to a port, or just a single vlan either tagged or untagged? either way that is very odd.

another idea would be vista and higher machines have the ability to add a vlan to the nic card. i havent messed with this, but it is an option.
      Yes, I can have a port in multiple VLANS at the same time but they must all be tagged.....or I can have the port in a single VLAN untagged.

Thanks for the Vista tip...but alas...no vista here.

Comment

Working...
      X