Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller ID issue when Call Forwarding via Analog Trunk

This is the scenario with a customer here.

They have 2 Analog Trunks [ for e.g 001 and 002] and 1 Sip Trunk.

After hours, they want their calls to be forwarded to an external [cellphone] number.

So we usually change the destination of 001 Analog trunk to a user's phone, and change its mode to Out-of-Office, and set the settings of call forwarding to dial external number.

When a call comes on 001, it gets forwarded to the user's cellphone and the user sees the caller ID as 002.

They want to see the caller ID of the actual caller, and not one of their analog trunks.

Secondly, if i am trying to forward the call using the SIP Trunk, i.e.
    Call coming in on 001 - VM - Getting Forwarded using Sip Trunk

The user receives the call, but no Caller ID is displayed, and the call disconnects as soon as the user accepts the call.
    The Analog-to-SIP call is not working at all.

Any Ideas!

Thanks

You cannot do this with analog trunks because analog trunks do not support setting outgoing caller ID when placing the call. Caller ID is statically configured at the provider end.

You might be able to do this with SIP, but it sounds like:
    1. You have a problem with disconnects which will need to be resolved with your SIP provider.
    2. Your SIP provider does not support sending numbers you do not own as Caller ID. This may be an extra service they can enable, perhaps for a fee.

Comment

There is normally a telco restriction that prevents the callerid being set to anything other than one that is valid for the trunk that sent out the call.
      On certain PRI trunks it looks as though there is going to be a feature which will accomodate sending out the CLI of your system but also the CLI of a forwarded call.
      It is unlikely that this will ever be a feature on an analogue circuit since there is less scope for the signalling required to be sent to the telco.

I noticed this thread a while back which gives a hint.

Comment

Working...
      X