Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP Phone Help - 404 Not Found

Hi all. I've got a couple of IP8000's that I'm connecting into a new ShoreTel 10 system. They're registering but I get a fast busy signal when I attempt to make a call.

I get the same thing when I set up an X-Lite client. Doing a packet trace when making a call from X-Lite I see a '404 Not Found' returned from the switch. Also, the phones do not show up in my Individual IP Phones page when they register.

My collection of non-SIP phones, IP230's and IP115's, work just fine.

Any idea what's going on? This system is shipping out today and I'm at my whits end... This never happened for me in ShoreTel 8 or 9.

Nobody has any ideas?

Comment

the phones aren't registering if they aren't in the IP Phones list. I have seen the IP 8000 not work properly when you set a virtual IP for the SIP proxy. Try removing that data and use the switches IP address to register to.

Comment

According to the packet traces they do proper SIP registration and are connected. The phone even claims to be registered.

I've tried with and without a virtual IP. Since there's only one switch there will be no virtual IP.

Comment

the phone may think it's connected but if it's not in the IP phones list then ShoreTel doesn't think it is.

But let's clarify: you are setting the phones up as SIP extensions? you have some resources set aside on the switch as SIP proxy ports? Does the user assigned to the phone have permission to make the call? Can the IP 8000 receive a call?

Comment

404 not found means bad username...use the extension as the user name and you wont have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Learmouth View Post
              the phone may think it's connected but if it's not in the IP phones list then ShoreTel doesn't think it is.

But let's clarify: you are setting the phones up as SIP extensions? you have some resources set aside on the switch as SIP proxy ports? Does the user assigned to the phone have permission to make the call? Can the IP 8000 receive a call?
              Yes, the phones are being set up as SIP extensions. I've assigned appropriate resources for SIP proxy ports on the switch. The user has permission to make the call. The IP8000 can not receive calls.

Originally posted by Bobby_Digital View Post
              404 not found means bad username...use the extension as the user name and you wont have any problems.
              I am using the extension as the username. I am having problems.

Comment

OK. And you have set a SIP Password for the users?

When the SIP Proxy returns a 404 error, that means that it got a request from someone, and it looks in the database to see if that username/password exists, if the password is wrong, it will return a 402 Unauthorized, it the username is wrong, it will return a 404 not found.

What kind of switch is it?

Comment

Nobody has an answer?

Comment

telnet to your switch. Then do

sip_debug_level=4

Make a call

This will give you your sip debugging. When done do

sip_debug_level=0

Comment

Working...
                    X