Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 10.1 Setup, from 7

We are currently using system 7, but will be upgrading to system 10.1. We will be setting up new hardware for the upgrade, due to the fact that our headquarter site will be taken off to a breakaway site. Is it possible to export all of our system 7 voice-data (voice-mail trees, auto attendantds, saved messages), which could then be imported to the new 10.1 server? We plan on performing this in the next 90 days and I need help to get this going.

Originally posted by Beechster View Post
    We are currently using system 7, but will be upgrading to system 10.1. We will be setting up new hardware for the upgrade, due to the fact that our headquarter site will be taken off to a breakaway site. Is it possible to export all of our system 7 voice-data (voice-mail trees, auto attendantds, saved messages), which could then be imported to the new 10.1 server? We plan on performing this in the next 90 days and I need help to get this going.

Certainly you can. If you want to keep your CDR data, you'll need to do a dump of the MySQL db so you can migrate it over. Otherwise, it's pretty simple for pre 8.0 (the db is still the jet version before 8.0)... Just copy the Shoreline Data directory to the new server and install.

You are going to have a multi step process since you are migrating and upgrading. You should probably lean on your Shoretel Partner for help here to make sure things go smoothly.

Will the new server be running 2003 or 2008?

Comment

Not sure which Windows Server version we will be using yet, but I will find out soon. Also been trying to look for different Value Added Resellers, since we are currently running into issues with our current VAR. Any suggestions?

Comment

I don't know a ton of the guys back East as I usually deal with the companies in the West. That being said, I do feel that the guys from Brightstack (NY) and Verteks (FL) are solid partners and you should be well taken care of.

You are more than welcome to evaluate us as your partner as well.

Comment

thanks for the kind words chris. brightstack is based in New York City. We can be reached at 212-812-9450.
          Last edited by brightstack; 06-09-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Im also looking at doing an upgrade from v7 to v10 moving from an old server to a new one.

If we move the shoreline data folder to the new server, do we have to do a step upgrade. V8, V9, and then V10? Or can we move the V7 data (voice-mail trees, auto attendants, saved messages)
            and then just run the V10 installer without having to do v8-v10 installers?

Ill be working with a partner.. But Id like to go into it having an idea what were in for.

Thanks!

Comment

You will need to go to 8.1 and then you can jump up to 10.

Comment

Beechster

We (Transcend) would love the opportunity to help you out as well, I am based out of our Minneapolis office but we do have locations in both MA, and PA.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack, but this is what we are planning on doing in the next week or two. Currently we are on ShoreTel 7.5 Build 12.15.9600.0 and are planning to go to 10.1. We will also be hopping from an old server to a new one.

What do I need to look out for in terms of this upgrade?

On my list thus far:
                  Use 32bit for Server 2008 (Which is what we will be using)
                  Do stepped upgrade of v7 to v8.1 to v10.1

And I'm going to shoot you an email Chris as I have lost links to the upgraded versions of the ST software.

Comment

Done this several times

Hey guys, I have done this recently several times...we are in the process of upgrading most of our customer to 10.2. The easiest and safest way to complete these types of upgrades (really the only way to do it right) is to build up your new server...

1. Make backups of your existing Databases
                    2. Copy your Shoreline Data folder (minus the logs) to the new folder
                    3. Install the same version of Shoreware on the new server where you placed the copied Data.
                    4. Restore the Databases using the restore scripts.
                    5. Check and make sure everything is up and running within Shoreware Director.
                    6. Now start your upgrade to 8.1 following the "normal" procedures, starting with your Shoreware Director, any DVM's, Swtches, and Phones
                    7. Continue the upgrades up to the version you want to stop at...we are using 10.2 and it appears to be working well.

The build notes for each release have the detailed instructions for upgrading procedures as well as downgrading.

Comment

Working...
                    X