Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ShoreTel 7 SERVER - 560/230 Phones - Wrong/Different Time showing on phones

    How exactly do you change and configure the Date/Time on 560 and 230 phones?

    I found that the time server on the task bar broadcast the global time, but i have done/verified this but still no change to any of my phones.

    My phones are on Static IP but i took one 230 set it to DHCP and it still showed the wrong time.

    I also attempted to change the settings on the 560 but it wont allow me to modify anything since the phone is assigned to User.

    CAN anyone help with this?

  • #2
    you need to assign an NTP server to the phone or to the DHCP pool if you are using one.

    When hardcoding it will be the SNTP Server, if using Microsoft DHCPserver it is option 42.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by khitan View Post
      you need to assign an NTP server to the phone or to the DHCP pool if you are using one.

      When hardcoding it will be the SNTP Server, if using Microsoft DHCPserver it is option 42.
      I have a SNTP Server, but i dont know where exactly to find this option 42?..

      This was setup by a ShoreTel techie (SNTP), but i want to figure this piece out.

      Can you give me specific instructions? Step by Step.

      Comment


      • #4
        Are you using DHCP or hardcoding the phone?
        If DHCP is it Microsoft or something else?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by khitan View Post
          Are you using DHCP or hardcoding the phone?
          If DHCP is it Microsoft or something else?
          Im using Fixed Ip Addresses but i could switch it to DHCP temporarily to grab the right time..

          So either two options i can do.

          Comment


          • #6
            You don't need to change your setup from static to DHCP if you don't want to, but understand that NTP is not a one time update of the time, just like you can't just get the DNS server one time and be done with it.

            When you configure your static IP addresses on your phones, there will be an option for NTP server. You will either point this to your own NTP server, or use a public NTP server if you do not have your own. For a listing of servers, do a Google search for public ntp servers.

            If those details are not enough, I'd recommend engaging your ShoreTel partner to assist you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, its pretty easy, when hard coding the phone, you put the IP address of your NTP server when it asks for SNTP server. The phones will always get their time from that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PhoneGuy1108 View Post
                You don't need to change your setup from static to DHCP if you don't want to, but understand that NTP is not a one time update of the time, just like you can't just get the DNS server one time and be done with it.

                When you configure your static IP addresses on your phones, there will be an option for NTP server. You will either point this to your own NTP server, or use a public NTP server if you do not have your own. For a listing of servers, do a Google search for public ntp servers.

                If those details are not enough, I'd recommend engaging your ShoreTel partner to assist you.
                thanks... I figured it out... Guy just wanted me to pay him todo Absolutely nothing..

                PING pool.ntp.org (173.8.198.242):

                Comment

                Working...
                X