• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V or VMware

Does 10.1 allow you to run on a virtual server?:gunsmilie:

Nope, but it is on the roadmap.

Comment

It is not officially supported today (but will be this year). There are a couple of threads on the forum where we have gotten into the why this wasn't available before (VMWare issue).

Comment

You can set it up, but you will need to dedicated a nic to that particular VM. The problem isn't shoretel or VMWare, or Hyper-V. The problem is that there is no way to set up QOS on the current iterations of the Virtual infrastructures other than dedicating a NIC, which is a huge waste of resources.

Comment

Not sure why dedicating a whole NIC is a waste of resources? Wouldn't it be cheaper to dedicate a whole NIC then a whole server to ShoreTel?

We have Intel Quad port NICs in our VM Hosts and they work great for applications/servers that require their own NIC.

Comment

A NIC - even a gigabit server NIC - is less than $100 in most cases - sometimes, even less than $20. I'm not sure how that's a huge waste.

I don't know if we're planning VMWare support on 10.2 at this time, but I do know that ShoreTel supports vSphere 4.0 and 4.1 now. Check APPLICATION NOTE: AN 10259.

Comment

Alex,

Could you shed any light on the idea of Hyper-V ever being support by ShoreTel. like is it even being talked about or is VMWare where the buck stops.

Thanks,

Comment

I gather that Hyper-V may get support in future when it has more market share.

I think I may have heard that wrong.
                If there are 100 companies with 50 employees each using VMWare vs 20 Companies with 1000 employees each which ones would you want to try and sell a new phone system to?

Comment

We have a shoretel server (11.1) running under Citrix XenServer with no problems. The site has about 50 phones.

Comment

Working...
                  X