Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP Option on OSX

We are running a shoretel demo and looking to purchases in the next couple weeks but have run into a couple issues. Our first issue is with the DHCP option 156. Our DHCP servers are Mac OSX 10.6.2. We have found some resources that have told us to add the options in to bootpd plist but it won't accept text.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks for your help
    Jeff

Originally posted by bikejunky View Post
    We are running a shoretel demo and looking to purchases in the next couple weeks but have run into a couple issues. Our first issue is with the DHCP option 156. Our DHCP servers are Mac OSX 10.6.2. We have found some resources that have told us to add the options in to bootpd plist but it won't accept text.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks for your help
    Jeff
    I know this information comes a little to late but just in case anyone else is running an OSX (10.5-10.7) DHCP server and needs information on how to use the DHCP option 156.

1.) Read up on the DHCP options on this page: Click Here.

2.) Download this great utility for encoding the DHCP options in the
    right format. Yes, you actually have to encode the strings in Base64.
    Click Here.

3.) Like the first website states, you'll have to modify the /etc/bootpd.plist files. Specifically, put the option 156 information in between your data and voice vlans. The option 156 information needs to be in both places because once the phone reboots, it will get the rest of the data from your voice vlan.

I know #3 is a bit confusing. I have attached a sample bootpd.plist file to better illustrate what I mean.

I hope this helps anyone considering to or already implementing a ShoreTel system with OSX DHCP server. If you need more assistance and if my time permits, send me an email and I'll try to help.

-Efren

p.s. ShoreTel, perhaps a little mention of this in a KB article would help other poor souls in the future.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TSDAdmin; 03-26-2012, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X