Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Voicemail Beep?

We recently installed a Shoretel system and are running version 9.1 of the software. We have received complaints from employees and customers that the voicemail beep is too shrill and hurts their ears. Is there a way to change this? I would assume the beep is stored in a wav file somewhere on the server. If so, could I just copy a new wav file on top of the existing one which isn't quite as shrill?

Thanks a lot, Scott

I'd like to know this one as well. I've had complaints about 10.1

Comment

The audio is packed into a .phr file in the ShoreWare Server folder. There's a numbe rof them depending on the language. I'm guessing you'll want en-us.phr.

You can open this file with an audio editor such as Audacity by importing it as raw data. The format is uLaw, 8000 Hz. I'm not sure which beep you mean, but below are two likely ones from 10.1. I have not tested, but if you export with the same settings, you should be able to preserve the file header properly and have it work. Looks like you'll need to stop the voice mail service before you can replace the file, as it seems to be locked.

Last edited by rwensmann; 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. In Shoretel 9.1, the "beep" is at 11:38 in the audio file. I have it loaded in Audacity and have modified the beep, but can't seem to save the file back in the raw audio format--only MP3, WAV, or Ogg. I'll keep looking to see if there's a way to export as uLaw.

Comment

On my Linux copy of Audacity, there is a file type "Other uncompressed files" and an options button to configure the format.

Comment

I upgraded to the latest beta of Audacity, and now I see that option, too. I just exported in RAW, uLaw format, and will try to copy it over to the voicemail server soon.

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy982 View Post
              I upgraded to the latest beta of Audacity, and now I see that option, too. I just exported in RAW, uLaw format, and will try to copy it over to the voicemail server soon.
              Any luck with getting this to work?

Comment

Yes, it worked! We had to take down the entire Shoretel server in order to copy the new file over, but after doing so, all the voice prompts work and the beep is a little less annoying.

Comment

Would the same method work to change "Thank you for calling the ShoreTel voicemail system"?

Comment

Can any one provide the version details of Audacity running in Windows platform with option of exporting to "Other uncompressed files"?

We try some but no luck. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X