Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norstar Door Opening Controller

I have a Nortstar door opening controller NT8B79FE that I need to setup with a ShoreTel system. Does anyone know if this can be done?

it's been a while, but if I recall correctly, the door controller appears as a digital set on the Norstar system. if so, it will be incompatible with ShoreTel. if I'm wrong, and it appears as an analog set, then all kinds of things are possible, though the next hoop will be the voltage on your door strike, if you use that little feature.

I'll see if I can't get time tomorrow to browse my collection, maybe I have a door phone/controller guide kicking around.

Comment

The door box shows on the system as a 7208 or 7310 depending on what type of norstar (MICS or CICS) so it would not be compatible with the ShoreTel system. I recently went through this with a NEC door box after a phone system change, I used a viking door box and controller and it worked perfectly.

Comment

The viking products aren't proprietary, so they work universally with analog ports/trunks.

Comment

Yes, use a Viking, it will work as an analog extension.

Comment

Working...
          X