Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No caller id on Analog trunks

Cannot see caller ID on inbound Analog trunks yet telco say they are sending it?

There is no way to block it, if its coming in, it will show up. What type of phone, and what about in Call Manager?

Comment

Keep in mind Analog Trunks need typically a full ring cycle to receive the FSK signaling that provides the caller ID. Also make sure that you don't have any custom dial strings on this trunk group. Specifically (:1L).

Comment

Yep, thats right, I didnt think about that, it needs the first ring and a half, to collect Caller ID, before the Shoretel phone rings.

Comment

Caller Id

Turns out issue was a AT&T problem, they finally sent a tech on site and verfied they were not getting caller ID. Spent weeks listening to them say they had caller id on the lines. ughh....

Comment

So when troubleshooting no CallerID on Analog Trunks, is there any other reason names and numbers wouldn't show up on the ShoreTel phone system?

Other then the telco provider not pushing CID?

Comment

Not that I know of, if you have a buttset, or an analog phone you could try it out, bypassing Shoretel and see if you get CID or not.

Comment

My butt set does not have caller ID, but you can hear the tones being sent after the 1st ring if you monitor the line. Also, you can sometimes find those Caller ID boxes pretty cheap sometimes at some discount stores.

It would not be the first time the telco provider has claimed something was working on there side when it wasn't. Sometmes it really seams lke they do want to send someone out. Other times I find out that the customer did not subscribe to CID on every line, or did not know they had to order Caller ID.
                Last edited by occdave; 08-17-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X