No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backups Scripts on HQ server

Hello All,

i have a question about the shoreware_backup.wsf script located in the HQ scripts folder. What line in the script would i need to modify to send the backup to a different location other that the default c:\Shoreware Backup\backup folder. for instance to send it to a network drive or other removable media. i am not a scripting person so please be gentle.:rockon:

I created a modified an existing script located the examples folder. F:\Program Files\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\Examples.

this is the code that we are using. it backups up MYSQL to a other folder. I have it scheduled to run at every night using a schedule task. Hope this helps. I am still working on a bat file that will look in that folder adn delete files that are older than a few days so the folder doesn't get too large.

The .bat names the file with at date.

Set DateLabel=%date:~10,4%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%
    Set backup_file_name=Shorewarebk_%DateLabel%.sql

"F:\\Program Files\\Shoreline Communications\\Shoreware Server\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.0\\bin\\mysqldump.exe" --user root --password=shorewaredba --databases shorewarecdr --routines --single-transaction>"F:\\Daily_backups\\%backup_file_name%

Comment

We do something similar to this. We have the script running as a scheduled task to dump to a folder on the ShoreTel server. Then another task copies the backups off site to a different server where each dump is then also backed up to take a held live for 1 week on the off site server for easy access.

Comment

There is a .ini file nearby the scripts where you can specify the destinations.

Originally posted by aj1104 View Post
        Hello All,
        What line in the script would i need to modify to send the backup to a different location other that the default c:\Shoreware Backup\backup folder. for instance to send it to a network drive or other removable media.

Comment

Working...
        X