Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOH issue

Just curious what source people use for MOH. I have use MP3 player, CD player and have the same issue with both. Calling from cell phone you get choppy music, but calling from a land line it sounds good. I assume its the source I'm using because I don't have any settings to adjust.

Anyone have this issue and what did you do to fix this issue. At this point I'm willing to buy an type of music source to fix this issue.

I was using an android music player and had the same issue. We purchased a Intellitouch OHP 8000 USB On-Hold Player and have the same issue so I don't think it's the player.

We have the same exact issue. On Hold Music sounds fine from a land line but choppy from cell phones. A lot of callers are using cell phones these days so we would really like to get this fixed as it sounds like crap.

Comment

Seems to be a cell phone problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyDigital View Post
        Seems to be a cell phone problem.
        I've tried different cell phones with different service providers. MoH is choppy on all of them. Everything else on the cell phones is crystal clear, even MoH from Dell for example. There's other threads on this forum where users complain about the same problem so I think it's a ShoreTel issue not a cell phone issue.

Comment

Did you try it with different audio files too? Many types of audio compression work by dropping certain frequencies or features out of the audio data (these are the lossy codecs such as MP3, OGG, etc.) Cell phones compress the audio using a different codec which is also lossy. Since the two codecs lose different parts of the audio, the end result is far worse than if you had started with uncompressed audio.

Comment

When I was using an android device, I had created the mp3 myself from a CD. Now I'm using the Intellitouch which came pre-loaded with mp3's. I'm not even sure if the device would play any other type of file. I could try creating a new mp3 file but there are all kinds of compression settings etc. so I'm not sure what options to choose.

Here are the Intellitouch Specs:
            MP3 file playback - Plays ordinary MP3
            High Quality Playback - Player supports best CD quality playback up to 44kHz sampling rate at up to
            192KBPS bit rate.
            Last edited by xpressmicro; 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The simplest is don't compress. Use a .wav file. Almost anything can play that.

Comment

We had a very similar issue with our system. MOH would sound fine for land lines and choppy on cell phones, but it only happened on calls that were going over a SG T1. If the call was over a T1K or an analog line the MOH would be fine on cell phones. One other thing was if the person put the cell phone on mute the music would be clear. I worked with TAC on this for a while but we ended up replacing all of our T1 switches with T1K's before we resolved it. They did send me an update on the case and said it was fixed in 11.2-16.42.4740, but I was nerver able to verify since I dont have and SG T1's anymore.

Comment

I'm a Newb with this equipment so I'm not sure what you mean by T1K and SG T1. We have a SG220T1A switch and it looks like it's running firmware 16.43.3300.0

Comment

Working...
                  X