No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller ID issue

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem on a PRI circuit. If an inbound call comes in and does not have caller id associated, i.e. anonymous,unknown or blocked it display a bogus number in call manager and on the phone display it shows +1 (919) and nothing else. in call manager it shows +1 (919) 266-6696 for cellular based unknown calls and +1 (919) 865-6696 for land based calls. The carrier says they are sending anonymous, unknown. What i am looking for is a way to find out who is responsible for populating the bogus info whether it be shoretel or the carrier. i have checked the system directory and there is no number match in the system for the numbers being displayed. I also troubleshot with TAC doing PRi traces but couldnt see if the carrier was sending those digits. the ticket has been escalated but i am still open to any and all suggestion

Thanks in advance

AJ
    Last edited by aj1104; 02-24-2010, 07:41 AM.

Do you have a t-berd available to you to manually monitor the packets coming in on the PRI?

The best way is to use the monitor port on the ShoreTel and do that rather than trust their software monitoring.

Comment

Caller ID

no i dont have access to a t-berd.

Comment

Originally posted by aj1104 View Post
        I also troubleshot with TAC doing PRi traces but couldnt see if the carrier was sending those digits.

AJ
        Really? Did they telnet to the switch and run a debug?

How often do these calls come in? You can catch exactly what the carrier is sending you if you run a debug from the switch and can capture one of these calls.

Comment

Re

yes they ran a telnet to the switch and did a pri trace and pri log at level 4. i then blocked my caller id on my cell using *67 and called in and replicated the issue but he couldnt not find out what the carrier was sending so it got escalated

Comment

If you have the trace, post it and I will tell you what is being sent.

Comment

Caller Id

attached is the trace that i pulled tonight from my home phone that caller id is blocked. Thank also for all the help thus far.
              Attached Files

Comment

�������x�
                ANTHONY JONES(
                ANTHONY JONESl �anonymousp�3001

Comment

Here's your call:
                  08 02 1e 86 05 04 03 80 90 a2 18 03 a9 83 81 1c
                  1b 9f 8b 01 00 a1 15 02 01 78 02 01 00 80 0d 41
                  4e 54 48 4f 4e 59 20 4a 4f 4e 45 53 28 0d 41 4e
                  54 48 4f 4e 59 20 4a 4f 4e 45 53 6c 0b 00 80 61
                  6e 6f 6e 79 6d 6f 75 73 70 05 80 33 30 30 31

08 02 1e 86 05 = Call setup

1c 1b 9f 8b 01 00 a1 15 02 01 78 02 01 = No idea what this is

61 6e 6f 6e 79 6d 6f 75 73 = Calling Party, this translates to 'Anonymous'

Comment

On a side note, you are still receiving the Calling Party Name even though the Calling Party Number is being replaced with 'Anonymous'.

0d 41 4e 54 48 4f 4e 59 20 4a 4f 4e 45 53 28 0d 41 4e 54 48 4f 4e 59 20 4a 4f 4e 45 53 = ANTHONY JONES(ANTHONY JONES (I'm guessing this is you calling from your home phone?)

Maybe Shoretel is associating the Calling Name with an existing contact?

Comment

PRI Trace

So, here is an attached (color coded) document to help with understanding PRI traces.
                      Attached Files

Comment

yeah we thought about the contact scenario but there is nothing in the system that matches that phone number and it happens on any phone so it is not specific to any one user.

Comment

Originally posted by aj1104 View Post
                          yeah we thought about the contact scenario but there is nothing in the system that matches that phone number and it happens on any phone so it is not specific to any one user.
                          One easy way to tell if it is coming from one Call Manager (i.e. Contacts, Personal Folders, Address Books, or Active Directory) is to place a *67 test call to your extension with Call Manager running, then exit Call Manager completely and place the same test call again.

If you see the same result on both calls, Call Manager is not the culprit.

Comment

I am having the same problem, did you ever find a resolution?

Comment

Disable Contact integration on your PC running call communicator that is receive the call, and try it again. Then try running "showlog ipbx" (CTRL+C to cancel) and watch the call come in again. You can see it slightly least cryptically... that's from the Shoreware Server directory of course at a command prompt. Do it when there isn't too much traffic going on on the system if you can.

If the caller ID is different, then you got some records in Outlook somewhere it's reference the call to. I see that all the time with Outlook Contacts not being maintained or entered correct (or multiple entries for the same number/Name)

Comment

Working...
                              X