No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive issues

Hi

We are having issues with our raid array on our ST server. We plan to correct the issues but doing so may require that I rebuild the server itself if imaging does not work out.

Wait exactly do I need to back up from the ST server if I were to need to rebuild on a new drive? We are concerned with losing the voice mails.
    I assume that I would do a MySQL dump and restore that but I also assume that would not actually contain the VMs. Do I just need to grab a copy of the Shoreline Data folder or am I over simplifying?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

The voicemail messages themselves are stored as randomly-named .wav files in \Shoreline Data\Vms\Message.
    Each extension has a mailbox.dat file under \Shoreline Data\Vms\SHORETEL\nnnn (where nnnn is the extension) pointing to that user's messages. The user's recorded name and VM prompts are also stored in their extension folder.

Comment

As far as a complete backup, you'd probably want to backup the entire Shoreline Data folder except for Shoreline Data\Call Records 2\Data, and then grab a full MySQL dump.

If you've done any custom phone configs or custom ringers, you'll also want to grab those out of C:\Inetpub\ftproot.

Comment

Thanks.
        all went well and I was able to pull an image and then lay the image back down after we corrected the RAID issues. I appreciate the replay and will make note of it for the future.

Comment

Working...
        X