Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone has dial tone but won't dial

this is our first setup of a phone in a subnet without a switch. The phone is getting dial tone and can be assigned to a user via director. If you press the voice mail button the phone just beeps. If you use the phone based directory everything is populated but pressing dial does nothing. Also if 9 is pressed we get the dial tone indicating an outside line. The display shows the user assigned. If a number is dialed using call manager the phone beeps indicating that the phone needs to be taken off hook and when you pick up the line there is nothing there. If you dial an extension (4 digit) only the first 3 show up on the screen. if you dial an outside number then only the first 5 numbers show up. Call manager will show the activity as it is being performed on the phone and v/v. However no calls ever go through and calls to the extension never ring. I know it is not DHCP or the network because we have the exact same setup in locations that have a local shoregear switch (local to the subnet). The iphone map is setup with the subnet and the teleworker selection is checked. I can ping the phone, switch, and server from every direction. Any ideas?

Are you sure the phone isn't bad? Have you ever seen it work? What model phone is this? I'd try a different handset and see what happens. Also try to ping different phones, etc.

Comment

sorry for the delay. Yes I am sure the phone is not bad. I took it back to the office and it worked fine. I brought it back to the home office and same thing. I also brought another new phone and it does the same thing. I can reset the phone and also ping from the phone to the shoregear switches and the director server. There is no firewalls between the systems. The only thing different about this setup from other VPN sites we have is that there is no local switch at this site. Any more ideas?

Comment

login!

is the phone logged in, as a user. Or is it just configured with the IPs of the ShoreServer and ShoreGear as an anonymous phone.?

Comment

you can also check in call manager or director personal options to "Suppress Dial Tone" and make sure that's not clicked

Comment

Make sure to check in SW Director - IP phones - IP Phone range that you have allowed this remote phones IP range to allow this phone to register from this remote IP range as a teleworker. Otherwise, phone wont know what site and switch to register to.

Comment

HI, I'm having this exact same problem after I had a power outage at home 5 day's ago. I found no changes that might have been done on my home setup. I brought a new Shortel565 phone home and it's also doing the exact same thing. Was there a solution that was found for member arpadum post. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X