X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night mode, redux...

Okay...

Customer wants a "night button."

Right now, their main DID rings into a hunt group that rings 4 phones, then rolls over to a backup hunt group ringing 4 other phones, then rolls over to a general voicemail box if no one answers.

I am presuming that there is a major re-programming of the phone system based on what I have read in order to provide this, correct?

Leave the no-answer destination as-is on the main workgroup, but change the busy destination to your night mode destination. Busy out the hunt group with *18xxx from the phone.

If you want to leave your busy destination alone on the main hunt group, add another hunt group in front of it and busy out that hunt group.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
      Leave the no-answer destination as-is on the main workgroup, but change the busy destination to your night mode destination. Busy out the hunt group with *18xxx from the phone.

If you want to leave your busy destination alone on the main hunt group, add another hunt group in front of it and busy out that hunt group.
      With the xxx being the ext # of the busy destination?

As in *18555?

And sorry for the silly question, but how do we un-busy it? (Hate being a n00b. lol)

Thanks for the info so far!

Comment

Yes, that is the extension of the hunt group. To unbusy, dial the same thing again. It will play a message to tell you whether it is busied out or not.

Comment

Yes, that is the extension of the hunt group. To unbusy, dial the same thing again. It will play a message to tell you whether it is busied out or not.
          Okay...that's pretty straight forward.

Now, another question.

How does the customer do this remotely? :-D

Comment

If they need to change it remotely I would have the calls flow through a user first then to the HG. So the flow would go something like this:

Calls come to "night mode user" std call handing mode always forwards calls to the HG. Program the In a Meeting CHM for forward to the off hours destination. Then the person responsible for changing the system to night mode can call in VM access number and log into the night mode users VM box and change the CHM to In a Meeting.

I recommend using In a Meeting simply because if you press the mode button on the phone once on your way out the door it automatically put the user into In a Meeting mode.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hrm.

Don't have a busy extension field....:helpsmilie:

Build 14.21.4905.0

Comment

The setup I mentioned above will only require minimal setup changes. First create the user (or modify an existing one). Then point the DID to that user. The user can be any phone. I have used lunch room, break room and copier room phones before.

Most of the time if it is NOT the receptionist's phone I will use a phone that is an IP110 or 115 or even an analog phone then use the operator CM to change the CHM of the phone we used. This way the mode cannot get changed by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by msmith7735 View Post
                  Hrm.

Don't have a busy extension field....:helpsmilie:

Build 14.21.4905.0
                  somewhere around 8.1 they removed the busy field. The Call stack full field will be the destination if the HG is busied out.

Comment

Originally posted by ccm399 View Post
                    somewhere around 8.1 they removed the busy field. The Call stack full field will be the destination if the HG is busied out.
                    Heh...first I found out that the users weren't allowed to busy out hunt groups.

Once I figured that out, the rest fell into place.

Thanks guys for the help!

Comment

Is there a way to put the *18xxxx onto a toolbar button? I tried Dial Number (Speed Dial), but it is not properly formatted so it won't take it. Send Digits Over Call looked promising, but you have to be in a call before you can send the digits. I'm probably missing an obvious one, but it's not yet obvious to me. Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately there is not. If you have PCM, I would recommend you use a user's or workgroup's call handling mode instead, which can be easily changed from PCM.

Comment

Busy Hunt Group from PCM

Unfortunately there is not. If you have PCM, I would recommend you use a user's or workgroup's call handling mode instead, which can be easily changed from PCM.
                          Can you give me more detail?

I have an Operator that the Main # is a Hunt Group that she is the only member. I would like to program a button, either in OCM or on the phone to busy out the hunt group. Can this be done?

Comment

As I already mentioned, there is not a way to program a button to busy out a hunt group. Use a workgroup instead.

Comment

Is there a way to determine (or change) the status of a hunt group through a script, a database value or other method? I looked in the Shoreware database to see if there were any values regarding hunt group status, but I could find none. Since hunt group are tied to the switch, this makes sense.

What I'd like to do is create a little applet that I could put on someone's desktop that shows whether or not the hunt group is busy. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X