Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Question

Have 6 sites with local trunks and another 10 without trunks. The remote sites are MPLS connection back to HQ. We are able to register DID's to certain locations with the Telco for 911 purposes, should I add a "site" for these locations or just use the IP address map? They will all be dialing from HQ's trunks.

TIA

It really depends on a few things:

- Do you care about the control of bandwidth between the sites? Without setting up sites, you don't have much control.
    - Do you care about internal calls at the sites if the wan goes down?
    - Do you care about 911 if the wan goes down locally at the site or local outbound calls?

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
      It really depends on a few things:

- Do you care about the control of bandwidth between the sites? Without setting up sites, you don't have much control.
      Yes, bandwidth will be an issue. I am unsure of how you attach phones to sites without switches, I have never been in that situation, all multi site installs have had local switches.

- Do you care about internal calls at the sites if the wan goes down?
      No
      - Do you care about 911 if the wan goes down locally at the site or local outbound calls?
      The customer is aware that without putting a switch at the site there will be no 911 from that site if the WAN is down.
      1) Yes, bandwidth will be an issue. I am unsure of how you attach phones to sites without switches, I have never been in that situation, all multi site installs have had local switches and local trunks.

2) No

3)The customer is aware that without putting a switch at the site there will be no 911 from that site if the WAN is down.

Comment

If it were me I would add each location as a site. It will give you much more flexability.

Comment

How do you add phones to sites without switches?

Comment

I don't think you can..? When you create an IP Phone Address Map back to a site that has no switches, although it does let you save - it throws up an error saying 'this site has no switches'.

I guess when the handsets boot and ask the Director which MGC they should use they will just get 'No Service'..?

Possibly do something with DHCP (or manually enter into handset) on these sites that their MGC is a switch on the parent site..?

Comment

Working...
            X