Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM Silent Install (Upgrade)

Has anyone ever customized a mst file (transform) to completely silent install the call manager?

Our customer doesn't want the end-user to have to imput the new server address after the upgrade to 9.2. (We are moving the server to a new location at the time of upgrade).

Thanks for any input!

-Kevin

i have it installing silently using a GPO, however i also am looking for a way to input the server address. This way with AD integration (which we have enabled) an end user would open call manager and be up and running without having to input the servername or username/password the first time. i've asked shoretel a couple of times how to automatically fill in server name and didn't get anywhere. I think i'll try to play with the MSI/transform file again to see if i can get it to work. thanks for the reminder!

Comment

My suggestion is to find the server ip address in the registry and find a way to import that via active directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
        My suggestion is to find the server ip address in the registry and find a way to import that via active directory.
        I agree, you can also set other parameters if you want. I normally set things like the sounds to be off, search company name on, etc.

I've found that even if you set the server IP by the registry, users still get that page of the wizard but the address is prepopulated. They just need to click next, but sometimes that's harder than it sounds...

Comment

Working...
        X