No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel 9.2 Citrix Install

Hello,

I recently upgrade to Shoretel 9.2 (Build 14.41.1108.0). We also rolled out Citrix (Xen app 5.0). For the most part it is running fine. However, Shoretel Call Manager seems to be breaking Group Policy when installed. Servers are (Windows Server 2008 R2). If PCM is not installed i am able to gpupdate/force. However, if PCM is installed on the Citrix servers i get the following error.... I replaced my domain name in the following with (Domain)

gpupdate/force
    Updating Policy...

User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\(Domain)\SysVol\(Domain)\Policies\{4ABA9940-41FC-4E4
    7-90B4-64C992A412DE}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller
    has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.
    Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were enc
    ountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\(Domain)\SysVol\(Domain)\Policies\{4ABA9940-41FC-4E4
    7-90B4-64C992A412DE}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Gr
    oup Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue
    may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller
    has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html f
    rom the command line to access information about Group Policy results.

This also applies to Windows 7 or Vista. My thinking is the fix is somewhere in the group policy, but i have no idea where to look. I'm sure its a simple fix (like they usually are) but I am stumped. Anyone else run into something like this?

Did you ever get a solution to this?

Comment

Pcm

There are special instructions for installing PCM on xenapp servers. Did you follow them?

Even so, this sure sounds like something that may appear related, but may not really be.... i cant imagine how the PCM would stop GPO processing.........

Comment

Working...
      X