Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why I can't change the shoretel ip phone MGC address?

    I have two shoretel system, one is test shoretel system and the MGC address is 192.168.1.2, the other one is my company shoretel system and the MGC address is 192.168.88.31....Now, I used shoretel ip phone 560 in the test shoretel system ,The shoretel 560 ip address is 192.168.1.4 MGC address is 192.168.1.2 from DHCP.......when I used the shoretel 560 to my company shoretel system,,The shoretel 560 used the IP address is 192.168.88.214,MGC address 192.168.1.2..... I can't change the shoretel 560MGC address, The shoretel 560 is no service!!


    How to restore shoretel ip phone to factory settings, clear all the configuration?

  • #2
    Restore to factory settings- mute 25327#

    Comment


    • #3
      I second that too, bobby were u at, Manheim, Landstuhl, or Ramstein. Bring a brother some of that Snitzel.

      Comment


      • #4
        Or mute setup (73887) and choose not to clear all values and just hand encode the MGCIP setting

        Comment


        • #5
          I 'm sorry,,I hand encode the MGC IP address,When the ip phone after the restart that display Download CFG fille failed ! the MGC ip address in turn revert to the 192.168.1.2,
          Right MGC IP address is 192.168.88.31

          Comment


          • #6
            Check in director that you have the right switch as the IP phone configuration switch.

            Comment


            • #7
              I remember having this problem before. I think if you delete the phone from "Individual IP Phones" on the 'OLD' system it should except your new settings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mattblack View Post
                I remember having this problem before. I think if you delete the phone from "Individual IP Phones" on the 'OLD' system it should except your new settings.

                yes,I delete the phone from "Individual IP Phones",when the phone after restart ,the MGC IP address is 192.168.1.2 and can't change.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, then set it statically!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is IIS problem!

                    Phones configuration download failed
                    Issue: IP Phones are failing to download configuration files

                    Scenario: New installation and the initial setup of the IP Phones will not function. The phones are failing to download the configuration files from the Server.

                    Resolution: Verify within IIS that the FTP site has enabled "Allow Anonymous Connection" within the "Security Accounts" and at minimum that "Read" is enable in the Home Directory.

                    How to navigate to these settings, from your HQ Server:

                    Start > Admin Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager >

                    expand the server information by clicking on the + next to your server name
                    expand the "FTP Sites" folder by clicking on the +

                    Right click on the "Default FTP Site" icon and select "Properties"

                    Select the "Security Accounts" tab and verify that "Allow Anonymous Connections" is allowed

                    Next, select the "Home Directory" tab and make certain that the "FTP Site Directory" has at minimum the "READ" option enabled

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A Mute "25327" (Clear) will only clear out a static IP address and set the phone to request DHCP. Doing a Mute "73887" (Setup) and then choosing to clear all values will only flag statically set values to be changes, not clear out the flash memory. The best that can be done is a Mute "772667" (rramos). This will cause the phone to reboot into a factory test KDE mode. Once there do a Mute "25327" (Clear) and the phone will wipe many of the sections of its flash memory. Once this is done it will go back to saying it is in Factory mode and will need to be physically unplugged to get it to reboot. When it comes backup it will be as close to a new from the factory set as you can get.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by blanning View Post
                        A Mute "25327" (Clear) will only clear out a static IP address and set the phone to request DHCP. Doing a Mute "73887" (Setup) and then choosing to clear all values will only flag statically set values to be changes, not clear out the flash memory. The best that can be done is a Mute "772667" (rramos). This will cause the phone to reboot into a factory test KDE mode. Once there do a Mute "25327" (Clear) and the phone will wipe many of the sections of its flash memory. Once this is done it will go back to saying it is in Factory mode and will need to be physically unplugged to get it to reboot. When it comes backup it will be as close to a new from the factory set as you can get.
                        yes ,you are right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tangjun4447 View Post
                          yes ,you are right.
                          Did this work for anyone experiencing different MGC ip's?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can confirm that blanning's suggestion works (we had the same issue with a IP110 phone).

                            1. MUTE + 772667 + # (reboots the phone into factory test KDE mode)
                            2. MUTE + 25327 + # (clear flash memory)
                            3. Unplug the phone & plug it back in (forces a manual restart)
                            4. Let the phone boot up & finish its process
                            5. MUTE + 73887 + # (enters setup mode where IP info is enter once & for all)

                            Thank you!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BlenderBoy View Post
                              I can confirm that blanning's suggestion works (we had the same issue with a IP110 phone).

                              1. MUTE + 772667 + # (reboots the phone into factory test KDE mode)
                              2. MUTE + 25327 + # (clear flash memory)
                              3. Unplug the phone & plug it back in (forces a manual restart)
                              4. Let the phone boot up & finish its process
                              5. MUTE + 73887 + # (enters setup mode where IP info is enter once & for all)

                              Thank you!
                              thanks blenderboy!

                              Seems We getting phones that need some hands on button pushing. ONSITE techs needed!!!
                              Last edited by doug; 05-20-2011, 11:08 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X