Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private line

Is there a way to make a line/trunk private on a PRI so that only the assigned user should be able to make outgoing calls on a specific trunk.

To further explain.

We have a PRI of 23 trunks.

We want to specify that 1 of those trunks is reserved and cannot be used by any one else except the assigned user.

I have separated a trunk for him and setup a separate trunk group for it. The problem I have is that if in trunk groups I specify that the destination is his extension. Then all calls coming on that trunk will go to him. If I specify that they go to the operator then no calls will go to him. (This is outside of the DID).

Comment

Hi david, maybe someone might be able to help you better if you specified why you are trying to do this.

Are you trying to make sure he always has a line available?

Who's the telco? They might be able to take a specific PRI channel out of the PRI hunt group, so that only calls to a specific DID will go to the specified channel.

Comment

Why are you doing this?

Comment

Inbound you could use DNIS or DID but i think your question is Outbound right? Well, set up a seperate trunk group (you did) and also a seperate usergroup, assign only that extension to the usergroup you created and that ext will dial out of the t-group when trunk code is dialed ie 9.

400Degreez....take two these and walk it out!

Comment

Working...
          X