No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding a call externally

Good morning.

I am a new ShoreTel installer, and I've hit a bit of a pickle.

Our first install is for a radiation oncology center whose off-hours calls should ring to a service.

The main # DID rings in on auto attendant.

What I am having trouble figuring out is how to send the calls off-site during off-hours.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it greatly!

Thank you!

Regards,
    Mike

Real Time Consultants
    ShoreTel Certified Installer/Engineer

There are four tabs on the AA configuration screen: On-hours, Off-hours, Holiday, Custom. You will want to configure Off-hours to always forward and put in the external number, then create a schedule to specify what times are on-hours and put this in the on-hours tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
      There are four tabs on the AA configuration screen: On-hours, Off-hours, Holiday, Custom. You will want to configure Off-hours to always forward and put in the external number, then create a schedule to specify what times are on-hours and put this in the on-hours tab.
      Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Now when we were in training, we were told that any hours that are not specified as "On Hours" in Scheduling are considered "Off Hours."

Is that correct?

Edit: Looking at the AA fields, if I click on "Off Hours" it doesn't give me any ability to forward calls. I have been looking at Route points, but I'm not sure if that's my answer either?

Regards,

Mike

Real Time Consultants
      Last edited by msmith7735; 10-07-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

You're correct: You need to set the timeout action to forward to an extension (a route point will work), then configure this extension to forward to the external number.

Any times not included in On-hours, Holiday, or Custom default to Off-hours.

Comment

You're correct: You need to set the timeout action to forward to an extension (a route point will work), then configure this extension to forward to the external number.

Any times not included in On-hours, Holiday, or Custom default to Off-hours.
          Okay, then here's another silly question.

I've looked into Route Point, but it won't let me fill in the external number.

I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

EDIT: I figured it out. You can't insert any forwarding information until after you save the initial route point into.

Sorry for all the seemiingly dumb questions, and thanks for the quick responses!!

Regards,
          Mike

Real Time Consultants
          Last edited by msmith7735; 10-07-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the unusual world of editing things in Shoreware Director.

Comment

Welcome to the unusual world of editing things in Shoreware Director.
              LOL!

Thanks again for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
              Mike

Real Time Consultants

Comment

One very easy way to route to an outside number is to simply put in your extension for the after-hours AA, and then put that extension in "office anywhere" mode, sending the calls directly to an outside number. It the outside answering service doesn't answer, the call can still be pulled back and deposited in the ShoreTel voicemail for the extension.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce wilkerson View Post
                  One very easy way to route to an outside number is to simply put in your extension for the after-hours AA, and then put that extension in "office anywhere" mode, sending the calls directly to an outside number. It the outside answering service doesn't answer, the call can still be pulled back and deposited in the ShoreTel voicemail for the extension.
                  A good idea as well!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X