Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 7.5 to 9.1

According to the build notes for 9.1 (14.21.4905.0) upgrading straight from 7.5 to 9.1 is fully supported by ShoreTel. Has anyone had any experience with this leapfrog upgrading?

Any experience would be helpful. Im planning on upgrading our system in January. 65 sites, 3 DVM's, 1 Contact Center and 1 Conference Bridge, so I need to be VERY careful about making any decisions.

Thanks

Upgraded 26 sites, 60+ switches to 9.1 from 7.0 to 7.5

I can't begin to list the issues that were present after the upgrade, phones that had shown upgraded went back to firmware mismatch, some switches could not call other switches with 5 digits, but the DID's were fine. Some switches could not receive calls from their parent switch that controlled the DID's - 1 week later and we're still trying to resolve issues.
    The bad part is ShoreTel says it's network issues, the network people say they have no problems - but it was working fine before the upgrade, go figure. Wish I had a better response, but right now I would not recommend upgrading a large customer with multiple sites.

Comment

Upgraded 13 sites, 20 switches, and 1 DVM

I took them from 7.0 to 7.5 to 9.1 with no issues afterward. I hope it wasn't the exception to the rule. I have another one coming up that will be starting from 6.1 and going all the way up to 9.1.

Comment

You'll need the latest conference bridge software (v7.2) which also involves a hardware swap. The new hardware is free and is processed by the ShoreTel RMA method so it's quite efficient. Unfortunately there is no DB migration from the previous conference bridge to this one. You can do it yourself by hand or pay ShoreTel to do it by hand for you.

I don't know about the CC in this regard, but I made the mistake of reading the build notes for 9.1 to mean that any conference bridge software *up to* the 7.2 build they mention is good - but no such luck...

Comment

I went from 7.5 to 9.1 a little over 2 weeks ago. 11 sites, 3 DVM's, 400+ users. Aside from less than a dozen computers not taking the PCM upgrade cleanly, I had few if any issues that affected production. Total upgrade start to finish was right at 3hrs, and could have been even less had I not been as paranoid as I was.

Comment

switches

Make sure your switches are not V1. I have to replace 16 switches that are not supported by the upgrade from 7 to 9.1. We found this issue in our test lab.

Comment

We did the upgrade from 7.5 to 9.1. The only issue that we had was users complaining that the refresh of agent status wasn't working.

Comment

I upgraded from 7.5 to 9.1 back in Sept. I have over 1000 users in 13 sites. I replaced a bunch of V1 switches before the upgrade, but I missed one. The upgraded worked, but Shoreware Director would not start up. I ended up going back to version 7.5 (non-trivial), deleting the v1 switch, and then upgrading again. That was a 12-hour process.
                After the upgrade, I had users complaining about call quality. I ended up changing the codec lists so that calls sounded the same in 9.1 as they did in 7.5. I also had problems with firmware upgrades that failed on phones, especially the IP 110s and IP 115s. I have Fire/Burgular panels that used to work on extensions behind the PBX, but now they don't. It has to do with the length of the tones generated on analog extensions. I have to order POTS lines now. I have Shoregear switches that will get their routing info messed up, and then TMS reports that it cannot connect to the switch. Rebooting the switch does not fix it. We have to have someone physically unplug the power, and then power it back on again. Finally, we found that a number of workstation were not able to run the new Call Manager because they did not have the correct version of the .Net Framework.
                In my opinion, version 9.1 was not the cleanest piece of software released by Shoretel.

Comment

MagnaDon - I ran into the same problem with the Fire/Burg alarms when upgrading to 8.1. It's a codec issue. I had ShoreTel send me their line monitor to listen in on the outside of the call being made by the alarms and we found what the problem was. PM me if you want to know specifics and I can walk you through it - I was in the same boat ready to order POTS lines but not necessary.

Comment

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can find out what version my Shoretel Switches are? Is this something I can find via the shoreware director web front-end or behind the devices on a label?

Thank you.

Comment

Just check your licenses. some that were self-audited are now purchased ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X