Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Switch to Another Site

If I wanted to change the site a switch belonged to (not physically but within Shoretel) is it simply a case of having to delete it from its present site and then create a new one with the same configuration under a different site? (The IP address of the switch will not be changing.)

That's correct. Just delete and re-create under new site and you should be done.

Comment

OK, thanks for that. Just out of curiosity, what happens to the phones that are assigned to that switch between deletion and re-adding it? Do they remain assigned unless there is a power interuption to the switch?

Comment

You'll have to manually move the phoes off of that switch to another switch before it will let you delete it. After you move the switch you can then move them back.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Now to really put the cat amongst the pigeons, if this switch was a PRI or T1 switch and originally had a trunk group (with DID & DNIS ranges defined) located in site A and the switch was now located in site B, would that mean I would now have to delete the trunk group from site A and recreate it in Site B (along with the DNIS & DID ranges) to reattach the trunk group to it? (Remember the switch is not being physically relocated, only changed within ShoreTel)

If so, does deleting a trunk group remove all the DID numbers that have been assigned to users from this trunk group? Or would I first have to remove the DID numbers from all the users & then delete the trunk group?

Comment

Worst case scenario I'm afraid. You'll have to take everything out associated with that switch, delete it, relocate it, and then build everything back.

Comment

Originally posted by SVDP View Post
              Thanks for the help. Now to really put the cat amongst the pigeons, if this switch was a PRI or T1 switch and originally had a trunk group (with DID & DNIS ranges defined) located in site A and the switch was now located in site B, would that mean I would now have to delete the trunk group from site A and recreate it in Site B (along with the DNIS & DID ranges) to reattach the trunk group to it? (Remember the switch is not being physically relocated, only changed within ShoreTel)

If so, does deleting a trunk group remove all the DID numbers that have been assigned to users from this trunk group? Or would I first have to remove the DID numbers from all the users & then delete the trunk group?
              Yes you will have to delete the old and recreate. I believe you will have to remove all the DID's first then delete the trunk group.

I take screen shots of the DNIS map and DID map so the recreation process is easier!

Comment

Working...
              X