Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN Concentrator Problem - Hang on "Requesting Service"

Hi all. I'm working on configuring a VPN Concentrator 5300. I'm connecting ten ShoreTel 230g's to the system.

It almost works. The phone connects to the VPN, contacts the FTP server, and downloads the information from there. But then it gets to "Requesting Service" and stays there. It never goes to "No Service", just hangs on "Requesting Service".

I telnet'd to the VPN and did a TCP dump on the PPP interface. The phone sends one MGCP packet and gets a response from the phone switch:

Request:
    Code:
    RSIP 19269 [email protected][162.147.100.50] MGCP 1.0
    RM: restart
    X-ShoreModel: SEVG
    Response:
    Code:
    200 19269 OK
    And then nothing. The only other time it sends a packet is if I hang up the reciever. But it will only do that the first time, never after that.

Request:
    Code:
    NTFY 19273 [email protected][162.147.100.50] MGCP 1.0
    X: 0
    O: l/hd,aud(1),l/hu
    Response:
    Code:
    511 19273
    Any ideas? I'm at my wits end, here, and it's getting installed on Thursday...

Thanks.

Got an update.

I pulled out one of the other 230g's I have and attempted to connect it directly. It appears to do the same thing without the VPN concentrator, so that's not the issue. I've got a regular 230 that I plugged in and it works just fine.

Comment

I found the problem. I was using ShoreTel 8.1. I was able to restart the TMS service while the phone was "Requesting Service" and the phone would come up. I've since upgraded to 9.1 in an effort to solve the problem. However, now the 230g works fine when plugged directly into the system, but halts at "Requesting Service" over the VPN.

Any ideas? I'll likely be calling ShoreTel in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragonX View Post
        I found the problem. I was using ShoreTel 8.1. I was able to restart the TMS service while the phone was "Requesting Service" and the phone would come up. I've since upgraded to 9.1 in an effort to solve the problem. However, now the 230g works fine when plugged directly into the system, but halts at "Requesting Service" over the VPN.

Any ideas? I'll likely be calling ShoreTel in the morning.
        I'm having the same issue using 5510 and 5505's. Problem only exists over VPN. We are using shortel 530 phones.

Comment

I solved the issue. In my case, I had two ShoreGear 220T1A's which were doing phone registrations. The VPN phones needed to be registered on the first switch in order to work. ShoreTel was unable to solve the problem, I had to figure it out on my own. When I told them the cause, they had no clue why it was happening.

Another thing they told me to watch out for is ICMP redirects. The ShoreGear switches do not support ICMP redirects, so make sure your network is configured accordingly.

Comment

Working...
          X