Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phones are not getting config from FTP server.

I am setting up the network to the required specs that the ShoreTel partner needs to install the system on. I have correctly configured the Cisco switches (3650's and 3550's) to separate voice(vlan 200) and data(vlans 11,12,13,14,21). Let me clarify each data vlan is a floor of a school and vlan 21 is administration. All the other vlans except vlan 11 are receiving the configuration from the FTP server. I have attached a diagram of the school's switches. The one switch which I am having problems with is hs_ll_sw1(Cisco 3550 emi POE). All other switches above it work fine and the switches below it do not have phones attached to them. The phones attached to the hs_ll_sw1 receive addresses but after that reboot and reboot and reboot. Any clues work be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jfpiii; 08-31-2009, 03:29 PM. Reason: Diagram was not attached

Another Cisco 3550

We have a 3550 we just installed doing the same reboot, reboot on 2 phones.
    Have you gotten any info on how to correct?

Comment

Where in the boot cycle do the phones reboot?
      Last edited by Jason Learmouth; 08-31-2009, 04:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What phones are these?
        I have seen a specific problem where IP115's do not work with the Cisco 3550.
        Bad code on how the Csco 3550 handles VLANS relating to the IP115 firmware.
        In my case it exhibited this exact behaviour.

Comment

I have tried everything. I ran a new fiber trunk cable to the core switch(which is a cisco 3560). I thought it was a spanning-tree issue but still nothing. The phones recieve ip addresses properly however after cached updates they reboot. I have the IP115 phones only in the area covered by the Cisco 3550 switch. Is there a way to upgrade the firmware on the phone to correct the problem. Because I installed the latest IOS image cisco has for the Cisco 3550 switch. The switch works with IP230 phones but not IP115!

Comment

I worked on this for a while before the customer simply purchased new 3560 switches and it quit being a problem. For some reason, the firmware on the IP115 refuses to work in a tagged-VLAN config when a CIsco 3550 is involved. Spool your partner up and open a ticket with TAC, but When we moved on, they were asking for wireshark captures and thinking it was something in the IP115 firmware. I heard references to the fact that the 3550 is an old switch and not worth updating code against. Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
            X