Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference issue

We have a customer running 9.1 with a SG-90 that has 6 ports configured for make-me conferencing along with the user group set to allow all 6 parties. They tend to have long conference calls - at the hour and a half mark, they claim that anyone that was an "inbound" call to the conference gets prompted to enter a code, and if they do not enter it they get disconnected. I figured they were using some external conference bridge instead and were just confused with thinking it's the shoretel, but they swear that is not the case. Is there a timer, or something that I'm missing that locks down how long a make-me conference can last?

Here is just a wild guess. Look at Call Control -> Options and see if your Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer is set to hang up after 90 minutes. If so, it could possibly be a bug related to this.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation gberkemeyer. I had looked at that originally thinking perhaps it could be related somehow, but it's not even turned on - so I ruled it out. To be honest, I'm still not convinced it's the shoretel because I KNOW they use an external conference service, so I've been hammering them on trying to track "how" they're establishing these conference calls. I'm still leaning towards ESO/ID-10T errors on this one - but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post the issue in case anyone actually did recognize this scenario as being ShoreTel generated.

Comment

There is a timer in the Call Control options, Hang up Make Me Conference after ___ Minutes of Silence. I wonder if they are listening and not talking if that would come into play? Just throwing out ideas.

Comment

thanks jmccumber - i also looked at that already - it's set to 20 minutes so at first I disregarded it since their issue supposedly happens far in to the conference call. But your post got me to thinking that perhaps there's a chance that it's 20 minutes of silence on the trunk of a conference attendee? So, just to rule that out officially, I just bumped it to 180 minutes and we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
          X